Why can't I email the (number)@vtext.com email address?
Roy_H
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to email the (number)@vtext.com email address from my work address I get a failure notice response #< #4.4.1 X-Spam-Firewall; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to smtp-bb.vtext.com[146.112.61.106]:25: Connection timed out> #SMTP#  I have attempted to send to multiple verizon numbers and none of them appear to be working. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When I try to email the (number)@vtext.com email address from my work address I get a failure notice response
Roy_H
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you,  I believe I may have found the issue.  a support case was opened with verizon support

Ticket NRB000008181201.

I just found out that a 3rd party host had marked the Vtext.com addresses as Spam and was blocking them.  I had my IT person speak to them and they have opened it up.  I am able to email again.   you can close the case now.  Verizon Wireless Services

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When I try to email the (number)@vtext.com email address from my work address I get a failure notice response
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Roy.H, we certainly want you to be able to use the option to send a message to phones by using your email. We are here to help get that to work for you. Have you tried sending them using a different email address? Also you can try using our other option which is (number)@vzwpix.com
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Roy_H
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you,  I believe I may have found the issue.  a support case was opened with verizon support

Ticket NRB000008181201.

I just found out that a 3rd party host had marked the Vtext.com addresses as Spam and was blocking them.  I had my IT person speak to them and they have opened it up.  I am able to email again.   you can close the case now.  Verizon Wireless Services

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help when you need us, Roy. I'm glad that you got to the bottom of this situation and are now able to access your emails. Do you need us to take a look at anything else?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
themattman
Enthusiast - Level 1

This should not be closed at all.  I have tried to email using (number)@vtext.com from both gmail and Outlook based emails and it is failing.  So this is a VERY wide spread problem.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
Re: When I try to email the (number)@vtext.com
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Themattman. Most of our customer are having issues with this feature, but It's likely that your firewall has automatically blocked Vtext.com and that's why you're unable to use it. You can choose to temporarily disable the firewall so that you can check whether Vtext.com is working or not. Also, you are more than welcome to contact our Tech support team at 800-837-4966. For the best solution, remember that they are available 24/7.

>Apollo

0 Likes
vtext
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Getting the support you need is priority. I would like to ensure I have the details correct to best assist. To clarify, you are having trouble sending messages to vtext.com from your work email? When did this issue first start?

-Gina

0 Likes