Why can't I get service after purchasing a device from Target?
nast
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was at target tonight and I decided to purchase a phone it was a $35. Verizon Phone plan.  Went thru the whole process of id and etc. an error message came up to call front office. They told the sales man that I couldn't buy it at target that I had to buy it at the verizon store. Anybody know why?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wanted to buy a phone at target.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to have you nast! Sorry to hear of the confusion as we do want to make sure we can offer you services. As what AZSALUKI was saying we might need to run a credit check to begin service for you. If you have the chance to stop by any of our Verizon Locations http://bit.ly/3SdsA so that they can further clarify, that would be great. We hope you have the chance to join our big network family soon!

-PeterV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am going to assume this was a prepay plan?

Verizon may have flagged your attempt at service as fraud. Did you previously have service from verizon?

Did you leave another cell service in that it was not paid off?

It is quite possible they want to run a check on you in person. Could be someone else already opened an account with your name or social security number.

However on pre pay I could not fathom why they need you to buy the device from them. You could try getting the device from Walmart and see if the same thing happens there.

Remember all the cell companies offer prepaid so if you get a hassle from Verizon you can always go elsewhere.

Good Luck

0 Likes
nast
Enthusiast - Level 1

It was not a prepaid plan. It was on sale phone for a penny and service $35. It didn't have all the bells and whistles. I only would use it for text and talk. Data was $1.99 per mb. Had 2 year contract. I've never used verizon before. I've been using tracfone for years. I'm going to call them today after work to find out. I've been looking around and this was the cheapest for what I wanted.  Thank you for your reply.

Stan

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Luck hope it all gets straightened out

AZSALUKI
Legend

if you have never been a customer, and depending on your credit, they may just want a deposit or something.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to have you nast! Sorry to hear of the confusion as we do want to make sure we can offer you services. As what AZSALUKI was saying we might need to run a credit check to begin service for you. If you have the chance to stop by any of our Verizon Locations http://bit.ly/3SdsA so that they can further clarify, that would be great. We hope you have the chance to join our big network family soon!

-PeterV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes