Why can't I get text from iPhones after I switched from iPhone to an Android?
Blaze70

This really isn't a questions but a complaint.  My wife just switched from an iPhone 4S to the Samsung S6 last night.  We told the sales person about our friend that did the iPhone to Android switch and couldn't get text from anyone with an iPhone.  We told him she was told something had to be done before the switch.  Vic at Verizon store in Frederick stated you just have to turn off "iMessage" and that is it.

Well, 3/4 of a day later and 3 levels of tech support later they get the issue fixed.  My problem is that I am sick and tired of wasting time with Verizon and them not knowing anything other than push product.  The salesman was very pushy on the over priced accessories.  We had to tell him several times no!  But the one issue we needed him to do, he couldn't

Just wanted to say thanks again Verizon for the great service to a 10 year customer.  Big corporate strikes again.....and they don't care.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't I get text from iPhones after I switched from iPhone to an Android?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Blaze70, your time is valuable to us. Let's get this text messaging issue resolved right away! Try un-registering her mobile number at iMessage since she's upgraded to an Android device. Click http://apple.co/1hwkr1J to log in using her Apple ID e-mail address and password. Click on edit products. Click on the x to the right of the product. Click unregister. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I get text from iPhones after I switched from iPhone to an Android?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Blaze70, your time is valuable to us. Let's get this text messaging issue resolved right away! Try un-registering her mobile number at iMessage since she's upgraded to an Android device. Click http://apple.co/1hwkr1J to log in using her Apple ID e-mail address and password. Click on edit products. Click on the x to the right of the product. Click unregister. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes