Why can't I send and receive text messages through WiFi on Verizon Messages?
jbka15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used Verizon Messages on my original Samsung Galaxy S5 when I first signed up with Verizon. However, I got a replacement phone after losing the first one (and erased and locked everything online and deactivated the phone, even if someone had found it, its rendered useless to them) and with my current Samsung Galaxy S5 my Verizon Messages will not let me send or receive text through a WiFi network. This feature was highly valuable to me since my area of living is in a no coverage area, but being able to text through a broadband network was nice! I want to be able to text through WiFi again!

Labels (1)
Re: Why can't I send and receive text messages through WiFi on Verizon Messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi jbka15! I apologize for the inconvenience, let's see what's causing the problem! You should be able to send and receive messages when connected vis wi-fi? Do you receive an error message? What specifically occurs?

AyaniB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I send and receive text messages through WiFi on Verizon Messages?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can only text SMS messages on Wi-Fi not MMS. How long are you messages usually?

0 Likes
Jefro7077

I have same problem on my s9. Started about 3 weeks ago.  Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your applications to function as they should. We are here to help. The first step is to ensure the application is updated, if it is and is still having issues. Please uninstall the application and re-install it. Let us know if this resolves the issue. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

your own wi-fi or work/public?

wi-fi is thru host email & if you aren't using the host smtp server, you won't be able to send.

fwiw: i have a hand-me-down 5s that i take to a public wi-fi area. i can receive both email + i-messages but can't send either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wunntu, we know that many customers enjoy making these purchases. The good news is that you will be able to do so again. When making a device change there is a 14-day hold placed on the line for purchases. Once this 14 days has lapsed the services would resume. Does this help to clarify? LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes