Why can't we block a certain phone # from calling our phone?
1momo48

Verizon stated: when I asked?

Can I block an incoming number?

"Neither Verizon Wireless nor any other wireless provider is able to block specific numbers from your wireless phone; however, we are able to block all incoming calls. We strongly recommend that you utilize your Caller ID feature to screen your incoming calls. This way, you will be able to ignore unknown callers at your discretion. If the unwanted calls persist, we encourage you to change your wireless number."

REALLY??? THAT'S JUST ASSSSININE....

By the way, That statement is Not True, I know for a Fact that STRAIGHT TALK, of All Company's has that feature & it comes Standard...  So what's up??? I don't get it???

The worst part is... the phone # calling me is:  000-000-0000  & the guy barely speaks english & keeps calling me about getting a loan to go to college.  I have told him, 3 times a day when he calls, NO THANK YOU, PLEASE STOP CALLING ME, BUT HE WON'T.  I bet I can't even block a 000-000-0000 number anyways.  Yet, they can get away with calling me with it.????

Message was edited by: << Name removed to comply with   >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't we block a certain phone # from calling our phone?
Tidbits
Legend

B33
Legend

+1

1momo48

Now they say I Need to Upgrade My Phone in order to use this Feature.... Again, B.S. B.S. B.S.  My friends got the cheapest phone with STRAIGHT TALK & He has No Problem.  I just Don't Get It.     (The cell phone associated to this number is not compatible with Call & Message Blocking. You will need to upgrade your phone to use this service.)

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmm, what phone and what plan do you have?  I thought you could get up to 5 numbers blocked for up to 90 days for free on each line.  Can you just hit the END button when the call comes in to ignore it or send it straight to voicemail?  At least that way you won't get charged minutes when the # calls you.

Or, put that in as a contact, and choose NO ringtone, or silent ringtone, so you won't even hear when the call comes in and it will eventually go to VM - you won't have to do anything.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

The way I see it is you have 3 choices here

1) listen to the bad advice given from the Verizon rep and upgrade your phone

2) Go to Verizonwireless.com and put the number in one of the spots in the block 5 numbers (this should NOT have anything to do with your phone as they would be blocking the number from the switch and not on the phone

3) download one of the apps from iTunes or Google Play (depending on your phone) that will let you block specific numbers at the phone level

0 Likes
JimmySmith100

go to https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/secure/messageIntercept/messageInterceptHome.action

and you can block 5 numbers for up to 90 days, then you can renew after that.

0 Likes
maryjanepiper
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes true you can block known number that are people that you know and are not harassing you. But try to block a unknown number a restricted number.  You can't do it and that is the problem strangers calling and harassing you all day.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can block restricted numbers by using Usage Controls; it costs $4.99 per month.  Depending on the phone you have, there also are apps you can use.

B33
Legend

+1

0 Likes