Why did I just start getting a "SIM card is not from Verizon wireless" notification? I haven't done anything with my SIM card
RJG844

Why did I just start getting a "SIM card is not from Verizon wireless" notification? I haven't done anything with my SIM card

0 Likes
Re: Why did I just start getting a "SIM card is not from Verizon wireless" notification? I haven't done anything with my SIM card
crdennett
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem cropped up a few days ago.  There is a discussion on Reddit in the Verizon subreddit.  Seems to be happening on Verizon branded OnePlus 8 phones.  Here's a link to that:

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/wzeyj5/sim_card_not_from_verizon_wireless/

Re: Why did I just start getting a "SIM card is not from Verizon wireless" notification?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RJG844,

I would be concerned too if I were having any issues with my device! What is the make and model of your phone? Where did you purchase it? Where did you get your Verizon SIM card?

-Christopher

0 Likes
Re: Why did I just start getting a "SIM card is not from Verizon wireless" notification?
crdennett
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone is the verizon branded OnePlus 8 5G UW, purchased from Verizon.  The SIM card came with the phone.  If you look at the Verizon subreddit link I posted, you'll see others with the exact same phone have been reporting the same problem.  This started well before the recent security update so it was not the update that caused it.  Everyone is reporting they did nothing to their phones when this notice started appearing.  The phones seem to be fully functional and the notification is easily dismissed.  Still it indicates an issue that should be resolved.  

Thanks for looking into this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crdennett,

That sort of message would get old quickly. I know how important it is that your phone work correctly. Are you using a Verizon SIM card in the phone? When you dismiss the notification what triggers it to come back?

-Andrew

0 Likes
crdennett
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I noted previously, the SIM came with the phone when I bought the phone from Verizon over 2 years ago.  This just started happening to me and others with the same phone in the past week or so.  The notification reappears when the phone is rebooted.  

Charlie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be wondering the same thing as well. I would love to help. Has the device experienced any damage? Have you tried to remove the SIM card and add it back? Amber

0 Likes
crdennett
Enthusiast - Level 2

The device has received no damage.  I had removed and reinserted the SIM card.  The message still appears.  As I noted I'm not the only one with this issue.  Maybe check out the discussion on the Verizon subreddit I linked to above and see what others are saying.  Maybe even respond there if corporate policy allows.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on my device daily, so receiving a sim error is very alarming. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me did you notice this after anything new has been done to the device (software update, new app installed, etc)?

-Rodney

0 Likes
crdennett
Enthusiast - Level 2

As noted earlier, nothing was done prior to this message appearing.  It can be dismissed and will reappear on a reboot.  And it's not just me.  Others have reported the exact same issue.  Please see the link to the reddit thread I posted above.  

0 Likes