Re: Why did I just start getting a "SIM card is not from Verizon wireless" notification?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming. We would be happy to take a closer look at your line and try a few steps to see if we can get the message to disappear as you are not using a SIM that is not from us. Please be on the lookout for a Private Message from us. ~Roger

0 Likes
Re: Why did I just start getting a "SIM card is not from Verizon wireless" notification?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there. Does the message about the SIM card appear right away after rebooting it or after using a any speicific app or service? ~Roger

0 Likes
crdennett
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears after rebooting.  You may also want to check out the link I posted to a discussion on Reddit.  Others are reporting the same and you may find additional information there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that additional detail, credennett. This issue has been lifted up to the appropriate team as well as reported to the device manufacturer in order to obtain a resolution via software update. 

-Genesis

0 Likes
Re: Why did I just start getting a "SIM card is not from Verizon wireless" notification? I haven't done anything with my SIM card
S1ryfe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Getting the same issue. Hard reset phone, went to Verizon store, got a new sim, and also got a new phone (warrenty replace) nothing has resolved this issue. Must be something network side that changed. Seems to be a common occuranceper the mentioned reddit thread

Re: Why did I just start getting a "SIM card is not from Verizon wireless" notification? I haven't done anything with my SIM card
1Plus8

Having the SAME ISSUE & working it with technical support. Not confident yet.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

S1ryfe, if your issue is still unresolved we can help file an IT ticket to address the SIM error message internally.

We've sent you a private message to further assist. Thank you.  - Alan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! Dealing with SIM card issues can be a headache. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Note to better assist you. ~Gilbert

0 Likes
Don72

OnePlus 8 5G purchased just over a  year ago.  It has a verizon SIM card, but I replaced THAT as well with another sim from a local verizon store.

Is this a problem that is being resolved?  I placed a call to my local shop where I purchased that phone, they suggested I should seek a warranty replacement (even though it is out of warranty but still functions)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, Don. Sorry to hear about the concerns with your device. To clarify, has your SIM card been replaced at anytime since experiencing this? Additionally, another option would be to power down your device, remove the SIM card for at least 60 seconds, and inserting it back in to ensure it is seated properly in your SIM tray. *Kris

0 Likes