Why did I return to verizon!!
Bgehrke

I left verizon about 4 years ago because of their poor customer service, even though they have the best coverage in our area. At the launch of the new iPhone I decided to come back and give them a go again. I stood in line over night to make sure I got the iPhone I wanted, and was the second person in line. When the store opened they claimed that they didn't get any iPhone plus 128's. I was totally disappointed but figured, at least I'm getting an iPhone 6 128 gig. While I stood there getting all set up with my new carrier, some guy walks in and they pull out a bunch of iPhone 6 plus 128's and he got all 3. He didn't wait in line at all, he must have been some big shot, and I didn't want to make a seen and be that guy. But now a month has gone by and I just keep thinking about it over and over and get madder and madder. So once my two years are up, I will go back to a lesser service but know I'm dealing with a company that treats its costumers fairly.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did I return to verizon!!
Not applicable

Since I was not there I can only guess.

The store could have been holding the devices from a prior sale.

I just don't know.

Even the lesser cell phone companies will or may do this.

You could have simply ordered it on the spot from the store and waited for it to arrive. Never buy something you truly don't want.

Good Luck

pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

I don't know the particulars in this case, but Verizon offers "buy online, pickup at local store" if they have it in stock. Just maybe? Without making a scene, I'd have at least commented "thought you didn't have any of those".

Bgehrke

I agree with you that I should have been that guy, and shouldn't have bought something I didn't really want. But, the reason I spent the night outside for an apple launch was to get exactly what I wanted. And I certainly didn't expect there to be unfair practices. Of course I could have placed an order at that point, but I could have done that a few weeks prior. Why would I stand in line for almost 10 hours to place an online order. Next time I will stand in line at the apple store like I have in the past, and certainly won't be using verizon again out of principal alone. And to all the other apple fanatics out there, I suggest you don't either unless you to have a friend that works at the store who is going to hook you up and disregard all the people in line.

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure you're following me on this. If he ordered online say at midnight and checked the box that he would pickup at the store, then showed up when the store opened, he'd have priority for any "in-stock" phone to the detriment of those that waited all night in line.

0 Likes
Bgehrke

It went on sale at the same time around the entire country, and wasn't available yet online until the time of release. Doesn't matter, but glad to see the verizon rep doesn't understand how an iPhone launch works. And if that was actually an option, I certainly would have done that.

By the way, don't bother asking me what store this took place in, and actually checking into what I'm saying. Just keep assuming that its impossible for one of your stores to break protocol and hook up their buddies. Or is it just your job to keep responding to peoples complaints without actually doing anything about them.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, it went on sale the same time around the entire country, but did online sales start at midnight the date of launch or did they wait until 9AM on the date of launch to start???? Did you get up at midnight to check. I certainly don't know, but it does seem possible.

If they started at midnight or 12:01 AM, why couldn't someone have ordered it to be picked up at a store and therefore had stock reserved when they came in later that day????

0 Likes