Why did Verizon re-activate a phone i shut off 2 years ago and won't credit my account?
OverbilledbyVerizon

I have been with Verizon for quite awhile and like others don't like changing around with the busy schedule even though the rates are so high. I have been being charged for a phone I disconnected over two years ago. Verizon reactivated it Jan 2014 and has been billing it since then without my request. I caught the erroneous charges October 2014. I have called Verizon numerous times and talked to numerous people and waited on hold for countless hours. Originally they said they were sorry and they would credit my account for $298. I am sure I have been charged more but was satisfied with the results. But that didn't happen. Now they say they can only refund 3 months and that it is my fault I didn't review my bill. Like reading a Verizon bill is so easy and an overcharge would stand out. That and I have plenty of time to review and screen all my bills being in the Military. Verizon also lied saying that phones suspended are automatically re-activated 90 days. Originally I tried to dis-connect it because I was not using it and I waited until the 2 year contract ran out. Verizon said they would just suspend it because they could not dis-connect it. What is funny about the 90 day lie is that it was suspended for around a year and the Verizon just start charging me again. I am looking into switching to Sprint or AT&T

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did Verizon re-activate a phone i shut off 2 years ago and won't credit my account?
Not applicable

Actually reading a bill is easy. Each line has it's own billing so a line that should not exist would be VERY easy to see on a bill. I also don't see how the lack of reading a bill or the lack of understanding bill means you should get money. I think 90 days is sufficient amount of time to catch an error.

0 Likes
Re: Why did Verizon re-activate a phone i shut off 2 years ago and won't credit my account?
Loquat
Master - Level 1

It sucks that this happened to you...but I'd definitely (no matter if you stay with VZW or go somewhere else) start reading your bill in full.  I do...all the time...and I know within a couple of bucks what my bill should be every month and if for ANY reason it steps outside of that then I look into it even further...going as far as making a call if necessary,,,

0 Likes