Why do I get "...your call cannot be completed as dialed." error message?
CURWEI96
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting this message also when I try to call my church from my Verizon wireless phone:

"Welcome to Verizon wireless. Your call cannot be completed as dialed.  Please check the number and dial again.  Announcement 4404, location 243552."  When I call the exact same number with my AT&T wireless phone, I have no problem connecting.  The number I am actually dialing is [removed]

I have verified that I am calling the correct 10-digit number.  It is only happening with Verizon wireless phones.

HELP!

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
Re: Why do I get "...your call cannot be completed as dialed." error message?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Could be a Verizon Wireless network database error where an update corrupted something somewhere.  Have you called Customer Service 800-922-0204 or *611 to report it and ask for escalation to the proper group for ticket creation and investigation?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Curwei86, we absolutely want to make sure you're able to call anywhere you need to. When did this begin? Is it happening on any other numbers besides the church number?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CURWEI96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Joseph:

No it is not happening on any other numbers that I am aware of.  It started around the beginning of December 2017.

Thank you for helping to figure this out.

<<removed>>

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CURWEI96,

Thank you for reaching out to the community about this. We know it's important that you're able to get in touch with the church, and I'm sure we can work together to get this fixed. Typically, when this happens to only one contact, it has to do with the way the number is stored in the phone, especially in cases where there are more than one entry for the same contact. Please try deleting any contact information for the church from this phone. Once the information has been deleted, reboot the phone. Please then dial the number directly into the dialer and attempt a call. Please be sure that no contact information comes up for the number as you're dialing it. If it does, it means you need to delete that contact as well. It should go through. If it does, please go ahead and add another contact for the church and test again. Please let us know your results. We'll be standing by.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has the Church's telephone number been recently ported to a new carrier?

0 Likes
CURWEI96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, we have.  I also have an update for you.  Verizon wireless phones in other markets have not been having any issue calling the church number.  It seems that in the Akron, OH and Kensington, OH areas, the call goes through just fine.

It seems to be the wireless phones in the Youngstown OH market.

Hope that helps.

<<removed>>

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for doing all the research and troubleshooting to narrow things down, CURWEI96.   Jav6 had a great suggestion, and I’ll be glad to work with you on getting that ticket filed for this matter. I’ve sent you a private message to your inbox and await your reply.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
airbornebman85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem. "Call cannot be connected as dialed.  Please check the number and call again. Message number XXXXXX" (but would still place call after that message)  Was happening for several months and just dealt with it.  I think I corrected it though.  I went into SETTINGS --> CONNECTIONS --> MOBILE NETWORKS --> NETWORK MODE --> and changed settings from Global to LTE/CDMA.  Global was the default setting but after I changed to LTE/CDMA and restarted the phone the error went away.  I can now make phone calls without getting the error message.  

jennac05
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually work for Verizon and I am trying to call our attendance line to use a vacation day and it says this message since last night and it’s the only number I call that says this.