Why do I hate Verizon?
garne2t
Enthusiast - Level 2

1) Advertised pricing doesn't include fees. Give me the REAL price up front! These deceptive practices must stop!

2) $30 on my first monthly bill to upgrade my phone. What? More deceptive business practices meant to hide full costs.

3) No roll over minutes or data or text. Why set a monthly time frame on usage limits? If I pay for a certain amount of data, minutes, and texts, why do they go away at the end of the month?

4) Forced apps on my phone. Allow me to uninstall whatever I want!

5) Can't the cellphone providers set a standard key like # to get right to the beep to leave a voice message? Do I really need to hear all sorts of instructions on how to leave a message from Verizon automated voice? Those instructions waste my time and ring up minutes on my usage.

Labels (1)
Re: Why do I hate Verizon?
budone
Legend

garne2t wrote:

1) Advertised pricing doesn't include fees. Give me the REAL price up front! These deceptive practices must stop! Which postpaid company does share the fees. Although EVERY phone looked at online or in a corporate store shows the activation or upgrade fee on every fact tag

2) $30 on my first monthly bill to upgrade my phone. What? More deceptive business practices meant to hide full costs. >See number 1

You must have purchased from a 3rd party retailer to have it show up on the bill. Take it up with them. If purchased directly from VZW it is added to the price you pay for the phone

3) No roll over minutes or data or text. Why set a monthly time frame on usage limits? If I pay for a certain amount of data, minutes, and texts, why do they go away at the end of the month? Again, who else does this. Because if one of the big 3 did it, VZW Would jump on with their own flavor

4) Forced apps on my phone. Allow me to uninstall whatever I want! Again which company allows you to do so. This horse has been buried, dug up beat to death again and buried so many times

5) Can't the cellphone providers set a standard key like # to get right to the beep to leave a voice message? Do I really need to hear all sorts of instructions on how to leave a message from Verizon automated voice? Those instructions waste my time and ring up minutes on my usage. The settings are dictated by the person you are calling. I have my settings set to the short version

Anything else ya need explained? Smiley Happy

0 Likes
garne2t
Enthusiast - Level 2

1) Because other company also practice deceptive marketing practices doesn't make it right!

2) See #1. There's is no reason companies can't simplify our lives other than deceiving us.

3) AT&T

4) See #1. If it has been "dug up beat to death again and buried so many times" don't you think customers really want it?

5) The setting on which key to hit to skip right to the beep when leaving a message is dictated by the cellphone companies and it would take minimal effort to make it consistent.

rcschnoor
Legend

garne2t wrote:

1) Because other company also practice deceptive marketing practices doesn't make it right! Fees can change, sometimes as often as every couple of months depending on the local governing body. As soon as Verizon quotes you a fee and a local governing body changes that fee, you will claim Verizon was being deceptive and/or changed the terms of your plan and will try to get out of your contract. Verizon quotes items which THEY control. Since they have no idea if and/or when a fee will change, they will not quote that price.

2) See #1. There's is no reason companies can't simplify our lives other than deceiving us.

3) AT&T AT&T DOES NOT have roll over data or texting. Not even sure if they STILL have roll over minutes.

4) See #1. If it has been "dug up beat to death again and buried so many times" don't you think customers really want it? Just because a customer wants something, does not make it right.

5) The setting on which key to hit to skip right to the beep when leaving a message is dictated by the cellphone companies and it would take minimal effort to make it consistent. Oh, it shouldn't be that hard to get these companies to agree, should it. GSM, CDMA, iOS, android, Windows OS. I'm sure they can agree on THIS. They want to be different to set themselves apart!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

garne2t wrotey

1) Because other company also practice deceptive marketing practices doesn't make it right! Will say again. The Upgrade and Activation fees are on every fact tag of every phone. Listed online, listed in ads, news paper advertisements, mailers, everywhere. The reason the fee is not simply added into the price of the device is, if VZW did it, customers would blindly see the price difference between VZW and ATT not knowing ATT has a fee and say, "Hey look at VZW, them greedy money grubbing bums, their phones are $30 more than ATT", and would go to ATT and simply buy the 'Less' expensive phone, then pay more than what it would have cost at Verizon when they activate the device because of ATT's added on fees. (Which are posted everywhere also) So there is consistency in the industry

2) See #1. There's is no reason companies can't simplify our lives other than deceiving us.Where is the deception? It is posted....everywhere.

3) AT&T ATT does NOT offer roll over data, texting,  nor minutes any more. Only customers who still have those plans still have roll over minutes

4) See #1. If it has been "dug up beat to death again and buried so many times" don't you think customers really want it? The industry is changing concerning those apps. On higher end devices such as the S4 you can not delete them, but you can disable them to never be seen or heard from or updated ever again.

5) The setting on which key to hit to skip right to the beep when leaving a message is dictated by the cellphone companies and it would take minimal effort to make it consistent.No argument. Least now you admit it is not just VZW who has you listen to the prompts. But VZW allows you do have a MUCH shorter prompt if the person you call is willing to take the 15 seconds to change it. If not, tell the person you call in your VM your disgust in them for keeping the long prompt option on as it must be wasting your valuable time. Was just corrected by pherson. Thanks for the info!

pherson
Champion - Level 1

On Verizon you go straight to leave the message you hit the * key. Sprint and tmobile is #. Not sure of att. Of course youd have to know what carrier they are on....trial and error buddy.

Other than that I agree with

TERGRA81
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate their chat service.  I spent almost 1 hour to resolve a simple issue.  Never had such a poor chat.

TEDRIT91
Enthusiast - Level 1

Customer service is next to none. Actually, it is so close to none that it maybe is the same as none. As in, the persons I spoke to didn't have a clue, asked questions I had answered, suggested things that were not even on topic. The other day I was speaking to someone in Texas. The call went quiet, but didn't drop. Someone on the E Coast picked it up, and it was a total restart. 30 minutes lost. That person ultimately transferred me to someone in CA who had a bit of an inkling how to help. She assured me she had escalated the issue and that I'd hear from someone at Verizon in 24 to 48 hours. It's been 8 days, and nothing.

On the call prior to that, Verizon dropped me. It wasn't me, as I was on headphones and the phone was a couple feet away on my desk. Nobody called me back, even though CA girl, on the next call. assured me it is V policy to call back on all dropped calls. When?  A month later? I'm still waiting.

WRT chat, don't get me started. I'm waiting right now, and it's been over an hour. No live person. Last week the chat was picked up by 3 different people in succession, each after a few minutes of my time and patient explanation of my who's and why's. One guy made me close the browser, and I lost the chat script. CA lady promised me I'd get it, but guess what? Nothing.

Aaaarrrrgggghhh.

bridgesb
Enthusiast - Level 2

No one on chat knows what they are doing.  messed up up my upgrade and charged me 3 times. AND no one else could figure it out.  

bridgesb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone you speak to on chat email or phone is useless.  No one can figure out anything.  When I asked why my credit card was charged for something I didn't authorize, I was told I don't know I wasn't involved in the conversation.  WHAT THE heck??

0 Likes