Re: Why do I loose my unlimited data by getting a new phone and signing a new contract?
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

dpeco33 wrote:

dirbon, I am just getting into this as I wanted to see the responses as I had the same frusterations as the others. And I agree that businesses need to make profits, but I dare say not one of your examples, concerns a contract between two parties. I was always under the obvious misconception, that we had a contract with verizon to have services, and that having the contract was a two year contract, with obviousl benefits to all involved. Also was advised that when we upgraded our phones after two years, it was an extension of the contract, unless you chose at that time to change the plan.  That is what most if not all Verizon sales personaell tell most everyone that gets their service at the time when the plan was offered. So not that I disagree with your statement as a small business owner, which I am not, but the examples are kind of apples to oranges.

If Verizon wants to get rid of their Data plans, unfortunately, they should have made some sort of agreement with their loayal customers. It is just good business.  I am sure if you as a small business owner were to treat your customers in this fashion, you would not be in business for long, but since "Big Red"  verizon is huge, and they know most are like sheep and will follow along... so no worries. Not sure how big your company is, but I for one am getting a bit tired of verizon's tactics, really. Raise the plan amount if they want, maybe 10, 20 bucks to keep up with their profit margins, but to basically price people out of the plans they have had for as long as some of us have, I feel is wrong.

Again not trying to bash ANYONE, just agree with original posters frusterations as I am in the same boat.

Matter of fact, they want to change my plan and make me change it because I want to ADD an additional line and have my 12 year old daughter have a phone. I have Me, my 13 years old and my 15 year old on there now, but I have to change all my plans to let my daughter on the plan, where it just used to be a 10.00 hookup, for just a basic phone? Realy, so She is going with my Ex-Wife to her carrier, where they do not screw them ...yet!

Actually, all responses including dirbons analogies, in MY opinion, are spot on. This is not the first time that VZW has made changes to rate plans/features/etc. Previously, if you wanted to change your plan (minutes, text plan to select, etc) you had to at least extend your contract a year. Next was the switch from America's choice to Nationwide. If you wanted a particular phone (and then almost all phones) you had to switch to Nationwide pricing, which was the same cost, but data features WERE billed differently. And I guaranty that you are on Nationwide now, highly unlikely that you arent. Next came data plans. Previously if you had a smartphone, your plan was 44.99 but then they introduced a NEW plan for consumers to 29.99. Savings! (no complaints there, I know.) Now a change again, this time removing unlimited data. This info is to prove a point - things change, especially if you are continuing business and accepting subsidies. But you can also switch. Thats your choice. And by the way, you dont "have" to switch to Share Everything to add a line - if you are on Nationwide, you can still add a line, unless you are maxxed out at 5 lines already. So someone pulled your chain there, bud.

0 Likes
Re: Why do I loose my unlimited data by getting a new phone and signing a new contract?
Not applicable

dpeco33 wrote:

dirbon, I am just getting into this as I wanted to see the responses as I had the same frusterations as the others. And I agree that businesses need to make profits, but I dare say not one of your examples, concerns a contract between two parties. I was always under the obvious misconception, that we had a contract with verizon to have services, and that having the contract was a two year contract, with obviousl benefits to all involved.

Yes you signed a 2 year contract which means after 2 years the terms of that contract no longer exist. When you sign a new contract it's under new terms. Which part of that is too hard for you to grasp?

0 Likes