Re: Why do they say free upgrade?
ohboy_
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish I could do that for you and prove you wrong, however, I no longer have the email to do so.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmm.Seems to me that it didn't happen then. *Shrugs*

0 Likes
ohboy_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Of course you would think that.

I just feel it's a shame that they word things the way that they do.

Things should be more clear, but I guess this is just how the business goes.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you read the fine print in the email? It mentions the upgrade/activation fee.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ohboy_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I sure did. It was not located there. Just info on the discounted pricing of the devices along with some other jibber jabber.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with Ann154. If you read the fine print on the email, and the website, you would have seen that.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

That "jibber jabber" was the print about the upgrade fee, so, yeah?

0 Likes
ohboy_
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, the jibber jabber said nothing about any upgrade/activation fees.

But this was awhile ago and they are still sending this"free upgrade" out at this time.

But as Core2 said earlier, edge would be the free upgrade route you need to take.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have an email from Verizon Wireless trying (and failing) to interest me in a new tablet for $100 off the price.

Copied from that email.

Activation/upgrade fee/line: Up to $35. IMPORTANT CONSUMER INFORMATION: Subject to Cust. Agmt., Calling Plan & credit approval. Up to $175 early termination fee/line; add’l charges for device capabilities. Offers & coverage, varying by svc., not available everywhere; see vzw.comfor details. Restocking fee may apply. In CA: Sales tax based on full retail price of phone. Additional CA eWaste fee may apply. In MA: Sales tax based on cost of a device purchased from Verizon Wireless at a discount with service. All company names, trademarks, logos & copyrights not property of Verizon Wireless are the property of their respective owners.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ohboy_
Enthusiast - Level 3

This was not provided in my email.

0 Likes