Re: Why does Verizon Treat their Loyal customers so BAD?
LoyalcustomerLilly
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Well, I have been a customer of Verizon Wireless for ten years also.  I can sympathize with you, because until now I am very displeased with their customer service, as well.  It all began when I initially ordered three new cell phones.  I was getting a discounted cost ordering via the internet.  Well, in the past, I always received free phones.  So I was defiant in continuing this purchase, so I cancelled it and figured i would call Verizon Wireless to see what other options were available.  I did and was instructed that I could call and make a payment plan with them for the three phones that I purchased.  I would be be void any late fees until June.  Well, I phoned them when I got the invoice, I paid my regular monthly service and the balance due was for the three cell phones.  I explained to that current customer service representative what the previous c. r. had told me.  So they said you have to call us back in another week.  This happened twice, each time I had called to make the payment arrangements, they stated to me that I must call in another week and not to worry.  My final call was May 28th, and they transferred me to the financial department.  I wanted to make arrangements to make a monthly payment for a one year period, they said we only do a six month payment program, and I will be charged a late fee.  I explained to the c. r. (customer representative), I was told i can make payment arrangements that I can afford and that I would not be charged a late fee.  So, in reality, they had me call in another week, and another, and another.....and ultimately my fault?????????  I tried to explain that I was told I can do this.....So we lie to our customers now, "loyal" customers!  I attempted to explain my situation twice to two different supervisors and same result, they did not help my situation, they could care less really.  One of the supervisors told me we do not listen to our taped phone calls, only in court situations.  Well why not talk to the c. r. that spoke to me and told me that I can.  Needless to say, I am forced to pay the the late fee, a monthly payment that is more than I had anticipated, and no apologies for all the lies that were said.  I am not one to not pay my bills, but i was under the impression that an extended payment plan would be initiated.  I just want you all to be aware, that Verizon Wireless lies to their "Loyal Customers".  And once my two year contract is over, I will no longer be a customer.  (termination of a two year contract is would be $400.00 plus, for three phones).

disgruntedloyalcustomer!

Not applicable

So, you bought 3 phones you can't afford and can't pay for and somehow it's Verizon's fault?

LoyalcustomerLilly
Enthusiast - Level 1

You dont know my situation and you do not know what I was promised by Verizon Wireless. 

<< Personal comments removed >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

verizonmoderator1

<This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.>

0 Likes
WOODSTOCK1969

I'm looking at the date of you're writeup and here I am in 2021, and here's how they haven't changed.

I've been with Verizon for over 10 years. I started on a pay plan at 35.00, a few years later 55.00 then three years ago 70.00 unlimited.

The trick is in their wording. When I started with Verizon I wasn't disabled with a brain and spine injury.

I was using my unlimited data along with tether and sometimes my mobile hotspot.

I know I was suppose to have it because Verizon tech set it up and over the three years if there was an issue I'd call support and they would fix it.

To note, never once did I get the discounts I was suppose to get.

So about a month ago I lost the hotspot, never ever had wifi like I'm suppose to and they also took tethering away.

So there I am at 70.00 and here I'm being charged every month and taxed.

I call and here's the reply I get.

" You were never suppose to have neither tether nor mobile hotspot, and..... You should be thankful that you had it while you did.

Now here's the illogical.

I've been downgraded to 55.00 a month with mobile hotspot and tethering with gigs of data and when the data runs out I can buy more at 5.00 a click.

Doesn't make sense, AND,I payed for the new plan and they've text me that my start date is next month.

That's what I'm talking about, they said I was under the grandfather plan and once left couldn't go back, and wanted me to buy a 199.00 wifi jetpack.

Not happy that I'm already. Wasting money now they tried to get me to spend another 199.00

Do, that's what they do, they've gotten worse buying Yahoo and now they're pushing 5 g, totally untested, and none of us know how safe or reliable at all.

Because a car is fast doesn't mean the driver can control it.

After this huge cellphone company buyout Verizon's all about control.

According to Washington Post, Verizon's losing more customers then they are gaining.

I'll be leaving Verizon, get a 35.00 unlimited call and text and call a satellite company and see real tv.

These corps have gotten too big, they control everything the way Ma Bell did, and we all know what happened there.

I've tried to reason with them, burned me on 4 phones sold as new and we're refurbished.

I'm done with it.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes