Why does my phone suddenly go from 4G to 1X?
AMB345NUTHIN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does my phone suddenly go from 4G to 1X?

Palatine, Il 60074 ...

Phone is stationary and plugged in, so phone is not an issue.  Data is less than 50% used, so account is not an issue.  Weather is clear and sunny, temperature 70 degrees, little to no wind, so weather is not an issue.

There's NO option to get online support with this network issue.

What's wrong with the network?

Labels (1)
Re: Why does my phone suddenly go from 4G to 1X?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMB345NUTHIN, having a reliable 4G connection is certainly important. We want to do everything we can to get to the bottom of this for you. This area looks wonderful and has no reported outages at this time. Let's dig deeper to get this resolved.

Can you tell us how often the phone is switching from 4G to 1x? When did this begin? Do you know any other Verizon users in the area that are having the same experience?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

First of all, how do you know there's not an issue with either of those things? If you were that knowledgeable you would have fixed it yourself. Call customer service from a different phone to properly troubleshoot. 8009220204

0 Likes
AMB345NUTHIN
Enthusiast - Level 2

This does not appear to be an outage issue, since the connection is not dropped, it slows from 4G to 1X and then usually returns to 4G.  This happens randomly during daylight hours.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMB345NUTHIN, having reliable service is a must. Let's delve in deeper to figure this out. How long have you been experiencing this issue with your speeds? Also, does this only happen at a particular location or everywhere you use your device? Lastly, what plan do you have?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kodymaki4321
Enthusiast - Level 1

What the heck is 1x anyway. My phone does it everyday. Not happy with Verizon. Yes, I have done the airplane on and off. Doesn't work.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes