Re: Why is my service terrible all of a sudden
AMISHCOWGIRL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem in 44681. Up until about 2 weeks ago, my jetpack and phone service worked OK, despite having only 2 bars of signal. Now, the phone at any time can say LTE, 1x or No Service. And that's any time of day or night, so I don't think the tower is being overloaded.

It makes me laugh that one poster proclaimed that jetpack and phone tethering "is not meant to replace home internet." Obviously lives in a city somewhere. I have NO OTHER OPTION. Spectrum and Frontier are maybe a mile away, but too cheap to run wire so I (and my neighbors) can get DSL. Welcome to life in the country.

Verizon, help! I freelance from home and need reliable internet. I'm tired of camping out at McDonalds to get things done.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello AMISHCOWGIRL,

I know how important it is to have service where you need it most. I would be concerned too if I were having any trouble connecting. Are you inside or outside when this happens? What is the closest cross street to the location this is happening at?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Chad2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the last few months esp in the last month my service has gone to dirt. 36542 has gotten so slow nothing on a phone or iPad will load under 30 seconds. 2 newer iPhones and 2 iPads on my account, 2 iPhones on another account and 1 iPad then 2 iPhones on another account. Nothing works worth a garbage. I’ve had Verizon for 20 years and in the last 3 months there’s dead spots on the interstate in multiple spots and we can’t look at a phone or iPad inside the house and sometime calls won’t even go out. Walk out to the beach and nothing still won’t load. I don’t know what they’ve done but it’s gottten very very bad.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you have the service you need is important to us Chad2020 because we appreciate your business for the past 20-years. I'm sorry that you and your family are having problems in your area. We woud love to investigate and troubleshoot those devices. Have there been any changes in the area, like new construction? Have you traveled anywhere recently with your devices? Do you know of any neighbors that also have issues?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
IncognitoHippo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m in Union Mills NC. When I came here 2.5 years ago I had AT&T which worked fine in KY but not NC.  After some digging I learned from a lot of local people Verizon had this area so I switched and all was fine until a couple of months ago. I had an interesting call with someone in management after going through the usual people first and that whole tired line of questioning ”Is it inside the house or outside.  What I learned is they’re turning off  towers in certain directions, 3g will be completely phased out by the end of year as well any CDMA. Initially this Verizon person insinuated support for older phones especially in rural areas is not going to be there and what tower service we once had is probably going to be sold off to the Cricket/Boost cell service providers.  I don’t know about y’all but I’m not going to go quietly into the night while Verizon plays loose and fast with our wallet.  I smell the need for a class action suit people. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IncognitoHippo, we always strive to provide you with the best possible service. I regret that you are having issues with service. We are right here to help as much as possible. What exactly is not working with your service? Have you recently made any changes to your plan or device? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
michaelproy

My wife and I have both have the iPhone XS on Verizon.  We just recently switched from AT&T which was probably a mistake.  We both have terrible service when we are at work, where the browser won't load and even large text messages fail. She is at zip code 01731 and I am at zip code 03054.  We are thinking about dumping Verizon and going elsewhere for a service provider.

0 Likes
Rgraham4126
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a pretty good idea why it terrible all of a sudden, mine terrible too in the 14855 zip code. I believe and I'm sure Verizon will say no but, I believe it's because they are going to 5g. I remember when they went from 3g to 4g the same thing happened in our area. I think the deliberately slow it down so people will upgrade their phones or their service plan. Just like when I had unlimited data and was Grandfathered in when they did away with it they called me all the time trying to get me to switch plans finally I did because they told me how much money I would save because between me and my wife we never used over 8 gigs of data so I switched and for the longest time we never used the 8 gigs. We haven't changed what we do on our phones at all and all of a sudden we were using 12 gigs didnt change a thing and now 12 gigs arent enough!!! See where this is going? They are crooks and arent happy to make billions off us they want 100s of billions.. Long story short they know about the poor signal and dont think for a second that they dont!!

karobinson
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is an ongoing problem in Morganton, NC 28655 zip code as well as the surrounding areas in Catawba & Caldwell counties of NC.  I have contacted Verizon several times.  A few times I have been told that it is due to converting from 4g to 5g but that conversion has been taking place for over a year and I don't see any improvement in sight.  Other times when I call they tell me that I do not have data priority and that I need to upgrade my unlimited plan.  I upgraded and have zero change in service.  I have also request a tower ticket and the response was that there is basically nothing that can be done.  I have zero confidence in Verizon's explanations or their attempts at rectifying the situation.  At this point I'm researching new carriers and trying to find one in my area that has any better service and I would suggest that others do the same as well.  If they lose enough customers maybe they will finally make an attempt at correcting the issue.

Re: Why does my service terrible all of a sudden
Hlisa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed... too many similar issues coast to coast. Responses all too similar...

"Hate to see you leave us" or some version thereof.

"No incidents reported in your area" or some version thereof.

Please address this issue!!