Why doesn't Verizon Wireless allow me to turn off the user instructions that play after my voice mail greeting?
eric4753
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, I am new here (new Verizon customer) and I THINK my question has been answered here. My question is - I cannot record my own custom greeting and ONLY the greeting in MY voice is all a caller will hear? In other words, I want my message to be short and simple like this:

"This is Eric [removed], please leave a message after the beep."

It sounds like I cannot have short, simple message like the one have described. If this is true, please give me tip on how to change my greeting to the shortest duration Verizon will permit.

Thanks!

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't Verizon Wireless allow me to turn off the user instructions that play after my voice mail greeting?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EricCalhoun,

Welcome! We're glad to have you and happy to help. Setting up your voicemail is easy and you would have the option to set up a greeting. See how here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-14613/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't Verizon Wireless allow me to turn off the user instructions that play after my voice mail greeting?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can turn off some of the prompts (like leaving a fax, or leaving a call-back number), but you can't remove all of the instructions.  If you want callers to hear only your recorded, short message, then you need to use a voicemail service other than Verizon's, like Google Voicemail or YouMail.  Both have free and premium versions, and I've found the free version to be more than sufficient for my needs.

0 Likes