Why doesn't Verizon offer a student discount?
jdmiller2012

It just doesn't make any sense.

Why offer discounts to employees who have an income and can afford to pay the extra money while us college students living on ramen and tap water have to pay full price for wireless service? It's bad enough you can't get decent service for less than $85/month anyway, but why punish us students? The logic just blows my mind.

Verizon has it all backwards if you ask me.

<< Edited for language to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why doesn't Verizon offer a student discount?
info4u
Contributor - Level 1

Well it is the business that sets up the discount with verizon to offer to the customers, not the other way around.
And verizon does have some schools that have set up for student discounts.

As well as $85 is not the lowest plan. The lowest plan is $15 per month with a basic phone on prepaid service.
And the lowest plan on contracted servcie is $45(For smart or basic phones)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
info4u
Contributor - Level 1

Well it is the business that sets up the discount with verizon to offer to the customers, not the other way around.
And verizon does have some schools that have set up for student discounts.

As well as $85 is not the lowest plan. The lowest plan is $15 per month with a basic phone on prepaid service.
And the lowest plan on contracted servcie is $45(For smart or basic phones)

0 Likes
Not applicable

That's like saying that banks should offer lower interest rates on loans to poor people because they can't afford the higher payments and the ones with a lot of income should pay higher interest rates because they can afford it. Your logic doesn't make sense. What college are you at? Won't your parents let you be on their plan. You're bill would be cheaper then. if Verizon is too expensive I hear that the other 3 major carriers offer lower prices. Also their is pre-paid like Straight Talk and Net 10 for $45 a month

By the way Verizon does have a new single line plan unlimited talk and text and 250 MB of data for $45 a month or 1 GB for $60.

0 Likes