Why doesn't Verizon use their heads when calling me on a survey
honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon surveys seem to come by phone within an hour of getting help. But all I see is a phone number. Doesn't anyone in management know what caller ID is? I don't answer unknown out of town numbers and I am sure others don't either. Can't Verizon direct those calls which probably come from an outside survey company through the Verizon system and make sure they show Verizon in the caller-ID?

And to prevent fake "surveys", how hard would it be to implement a feature that checks calling numbers that have "Verizon" in the caller-id against a list of internal numbers? If the call is from outside their internal network, it should not be passed through to anyone with the caller-ID set to anything but "unknown". In fact, it should not be sent at all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't Verizon use their heads when calling me on a survey
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If a call is coming to your mobile phone it will only show the telephone number if you do not have ti programmed into your contacts.

0 Likes
honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not true. The phone has caller-id and should show the ID as well as the phone number. But the call came to my home phone which I list as the number to call and it showed up with Caller-ID "SURVEY". If it didn't occur shortly after communicating with Verizon, I would not have known it was them.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

And you don't have to take the survey if you don't want to or answer the phone.

Remember the days BEFORE caller ID?

0 Likes
honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what I do. Verizon is acting like the phone spammers by hiding their name so I ignore their calls. I guess they really don't want my opinion. So be it.

0 Likes