Why don't I have connectivity available?
Ygb2014

I switched to Verizon for premium connectivity. Im out near Walt Disney World and have 1 bar. My apps like twitter, facebook, etc dont work because theres not enough signal. Whats the deal? I thought Verizon had the best coverage. At&t and Tmobile never had this problem

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connectivity Not Avail
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Best Coverage" is always a subjective matter in the world of wireless. I know that Verizon has plenty of towers on Disney World property to handle the load, but that doesn't mean they're going to have the density of T-Mobile for data everywhere else. Verizon's coverage is well known for their voice network, whereas the LTE Data network is still maturing.

At your home, what kind of data network is appearing? 1X, 3G, or 4G / LTE?

What phone do you use?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Best Coverage" is always a subjective matter in the world of wireless. I know that Verizon has plenty of towers on Disney World property to handle the load, but that doesn't mean they're going to have the density of T-Mobile for data everywhere else. Verizon's coverage is well known for their voice network, whereas the LTE Data network is still maturing.

At your home, what kind of data network is appearing? 1X, 3G, or 4G / LTE?

What phone do you use?

0 Likes
Ygb2014

Thank you for your reply. That makes sense now, I clearly misunderstood the advertising. I thought it encompassed all connectivity.

I dont often have a problem at home, though we do use our wifi as much as possible. I mostly have problems when out and about like yesterday in the Celebration/Disney area.

I guess the real test will be in 2016 when my son deploys. We got Verizon so he would have no problem contacting us from various ports. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Yvonne

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Various ports of the US or abroad? Abroad signal will be dependant upon that carrier there if he uses a local SIM card, and also based on the coverage of that local carrier that a Verizon International Plan roams off of.

0 Likes
Re: Why don't I have connectivity available?
sstgibbs

they used to good....not anymore it seems.  i'm noticing the same issue

0 Likes
Re: Why don't I have connectivity available?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sstgibbs, I depend on my device constantly, so having an unreliable signal is very alarming. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me do you have this issue indoors or outdoors? Also, confirm for me have you notice this after anything new has been done to the device (a new application installed, software update, etc)?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes