Why don't we get service at home?
chrisnliz

My family has been with Verizon for years and in June we moved to the country. I called and asked what could be done because I have little to no service at my home even though Verizon says I should have "some outside". I pay $250 a month for no service at home and it is so frustrating. I was told about a network extender but need high speed internet in order to have this...again key word is I live in the country high speed isn't available. My move by no means is Verizon's fault but the fact I am stuck with 4 lines that don't work and had to get a home phone just to make calls when I already have cell phones, had to get internet installed in order to see email vs on my phone that never works. It's just getting out of hand. Before moving the Verizon map shows there is service in that area. WRONG. Any suggestions as to what on earth I can do to get some signal. This isn't about getting out of a contract for me rather making the contract I have no work so I don't continue to pay for 4 lines with barely any service while at home.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Service
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to contact Customer Service; when you get the phone tree, choose option 3 to connect with Tech Support

Customer Service:

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chrisnliz,

I completely understand wanting your service to work consistently, particularly in your home. It sounds like you checked the coverage before moving. Please be aware that even within our coverage areas, there are things that can affect the availability and quality of service, including network capacity, terrain, buildings, foliage and weather. Have you filed a resolution ticket with our Technical Support team? Is the problem outdoors, indoors, or both?

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chrisnliz

There are certain spots in the house that I can get internet access but no calls. There are places outside close the road that I can get calls if I stay very still and don't move. I have not filed a resolution ticket. When I called I was told to get a network extender but given our location high speed internet it not available in my area. The map shows 4g service and there is 4g close the the road but no where else on 10 acres of land. Believe me I have walked it all while saying "can you here me now" I love verizon I just wish there was another option so our phones could actually be used at home.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Service isn't guaranteed inside of buildings due to the construction of the buildings and the terrain surrounding it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chrisnliz

I understand that part but how about outside? 10 acres of land and there is literally one spot on it where I can make calls. I would just think in this day and age there would be some sort of fix for this and if there isn't coverage in the area don't show that there is on the verizon map. For 2 miles north and 2 miles south of my home there is not coverage either while driving on the road. I guess I should be happy I have my little 2 foot "coverage" area out in the yard

0 Likes
Freespirit11

I agree with you.  I am to the point where I'm going to demand a month to month plan and  no more contracts.  The entire area where I live is shown as a digital area with at least 3G and 4G in some areas.  It almost always takes at least three calls to complete one call because the service jumps in and out constantly!  Yes.  I have filed a trouble ticket and got nowhere.  Not a call back not an attempt to do anything.  There are going to be some other options available to me soon and I am going to check them out.  As much money as Verizon charges me every month, they can stick their early termination fee.  They are in breach of the contract with me by not being able to provide the service they claim they are!!

0 Likes
chrisnliz

I can't even get service to complete a call. I don't get any calls at all they just go straight to my voicemail. I just wish the maps were more accurate. I still would've moved but I wouldn't have renewed one of my lines 6 months ago so I could have more options. 3 or the 4 lines I have are up for renewal in the next few months. I am not sure what I am going to do yet because it seems like verzion has no answer. I would rather pay a smaller price from another provider for little to no serivce vs paying top prices for little to no service. I had hoped someone would have an answer besides canceling our lines. Smiley Sad Guess that's what I get for moving to no man's land.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the need for reliable service in your home area chrisnliz. A resolution ticket would review the area itself; however, it would end at your home or other indoor structures where our control is limited. What is your zip code? We are happy to complete a further review of the area to see if similar circumstances may have been reported.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
chrisnliz

46166 is the zip code. I live right on the edge of it by 47456 and 46120. Kind of at a 3 way corner where all the zips meet but I am located in 46166. I will complete a resolution ticket but I don't think that will help. I just wish there was an option to have them work.

0 Likes
chrisnliz

I don't even know how to complete a resolution ticket. I can't seem to find anything out it

0 Likes