Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,648 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Why has my cell phone service suddenly dropped? Both my iPhone and my husbands galaxy edge can barely get a bar in our home.
dclary
Enthusiast - Level 2

My calls keep dropping.   I located in North Dallas.  I can barely make out any voice mails that are left--cuts in and out.  I have an iPhone 6s and my husband has a galaxy edge.  We are both having issues.   We have a cell booster at home which I have re-set and we both reset our setting on our phones and on the booster.  We got the booster several years ago and its worked find until recently.   Any ideas?   I dread going to the verizon store.  

Labels (1)
Re: Why has my cell phone service suddenly dropped? Both my iPhone and my husbands galaxy edge can barely get a bar in our home.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model cell booster is it?  Did this start happening after anything happening like a power outage or phone updates?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Re: Why has my cell phone service suddenly dropped?  Both my iPhone and my husbands galaxy edge can barely get a bar in our home.
dclary
Enthusiast - Level 2

its a samsung wireless network extender.   It looks like the model number is scs-28064 manufacturing date of 08-2009.  I  am having a problem with the voice mails regardless of where I am.   The iPhone had an update in December and I can't tell you for sure if it happened after or before.   My husband has issues with his galaxy as well.

Re: Why has my cell phone service suddenly dropped? Both my iPhone and my husbands galaxy edge can barely get a bar in our home.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What is and has anything changed with your broadband internet service?  Do you have issues with internet connectivity?  Can you run a speed test on your internet service, http://www.speedtest.net?  Do your phones have WiFi calling activated?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Why has my cell phone service suddenly dropped?  Both my iPhone and my husbands galaxy edge can barely get a bar in our home.
dclary
Enthusiast - Level 2

speed test on internet is download 11.63 upload 1.91.   I do not have wifi calling active

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to rely on service, dclary. I appreciate the information you have provided so far. Since you are using an older model network extender, we want to ensure that we rule out interference from Advanced Calling. To manage this setting on your iPhone, please go to Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>Enable LTE, and select Data Only. For your husband's Galaxy Edge, you can go to Settings>Advanced Calling, and toggle this off. With Advanced Calling off, the devices will not be able to simultaneously use voice and data. After changing this setting, do the dropped calls continue?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CORINNE1000

I also have this issue.  For 5 year we have not had a problem with 4G service.  In fact we showed 4 to 5 bars all the time. Now the best we get is 3, but it goes to one and none frequently. It occurs with everyone's phone.  Mines a galaxy 7 edge, but we have galaxy 8 and new i phones  not get signals too. There is no construction or change in the community.  We even have had trees removed, yet the signal doesn't improve. Zip 37075.  I used to be able to tout Verizon's service but not anymore.  I do not believe it is apps or the phone as it happens with our guests as well. many of them have the newest phones. 

Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of always getting the best service available to you, and we're here to help. How long has this issue been occurring with your devices? Does the signal improve if you're outside, or a certain distance away from your home? We'll get to the bottom of this, and get this issue resolved.

0 Likes