Why has my cell service gotten so bad over the last couple of years (2020 to 2022)?
EJuke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why has my cell service gotten so bad over the last couple of years (2020 to 2022)? I'm not even talking about data - I just want to make a phone call. I can't get through a 5 minute phone call without getting disconnected at least 5 times.

It used to be great where I live in Hackettstown, NJ since at least 2003. I've been through several phones. Currently, I have a Samsung Note 4 - I bought it used about 5 years ago. It's been great all this time until lately. Don't get me started on all the updates that break my apps and slow down the phone. There was a time when I could do a factory reset to get back to snappy performance. Now, even that default image seems to have been replaced - no more snappy performance after a factory reset. Sometimes I swear this is done on purpose to nudge people to buy a new phone - reminds me about what Apple did a few years back. Anyway...back to making a phone call...

...Verizon customer service basically told me I need a new phone. A new phone? For what? To experience the same poor service?

Thoughts? Advice? I'm ready to switch carriers if the service will be better.

Re: Why has my cell service gotten so bad over the last couple of years (2020 to 2022)?
lizzieooo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am considering moving back to TMOBILE. Have a fam plan for 5 people and we experience issues. Now it's the reverse where TMOBILE customers are now saying "oh you have Verizon"

Horrible data coverage and dropped calls, random no-service, oh and the plans for international got worst over time(data/cell service). 

Seem like Tmobile is the one on top in MX and here. 

0 Likes
Re: Why has my cell service gotten so bad over the last couple of years (2020 to 2022)?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring our customers are getting the support and services they need is important to us. We would be happy to assist with your services. Are you familiar with a network settings reset to reset your connection to our tower?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
Godric282
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried that one also... i am sure not every verizon customer all of a sudden has to reset their phones.   Service has gotten seriously worse... where i used to have excellent service, now drops and data is terrible.   T mobile appears to have taken charge and overpowered Verizon.   I must say, quite upsetting.  I have 7 phones, a watch , and a hotspot on my plan.    its a shame i must change providers... i have been with verizon for close to 20 years.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd never want to see you go and want to ensure you're getting the best possible service, lizzieooo1. Let's take a closer look into what's going on. Please tell us more about what happens when using your phone for calls, text, and data. Where are you located when this happens? When did this issue start? -Danielle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here and we are ready to assist at a moments notice! Please Private Message us in order to proceed! *Jorge

0 Likes
johnboy66
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Verizon cell service is gotten so bad this year that sometimes I cannot even make a phone call.  After 3 tries I might connect and even then the person on the other end of the call cannot hear me and then the call drops over and over again. I cannot walk around the house while on a call and I even have to hold my arm up over my head to be able to continue with the call.  God forbid I need emergency services or I am talking to a Doctor or other medical professional, they will be cut off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnboy66, I understand this can be frustrating, when your paying a service and this does not work the way we wanted, if you give a chance I can check your account and see if we can fix your network.

>Cristhian

0 Likes