Re: Why is VZW injecting a privacy killing perma-cookie into my web traffic?
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

1. If anyone is truly concern about not being track and their privacy, then they should research the "Patriot Privacy Kit" package. It is cramp full of information about how to do so. Inside it tells you of various Web Browsers, e-mail programs, Apps, computer programs and so forth, which will encrypt, hide, and conceal your private information.

2. For example, I have a computer program that does "Search and Destroy" anything like a perma-cookie from tracking you, or corrupt the information until it become useless or incorrect.

3. Another example, it will tell you about a Web Browser which will cause you to appear to be in another country or part of the world from where you are at. I get a knick out of where it will make me appear to be at. And each one of these locations will have a set of false personal information embedded there.

4. Some of the programs, Apps and some forth are Free, some are not Free. But it will tell you where and how to find them.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I wonder how much malware and viruses they put on your PC? No one does anything for free.

0 Likes
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, I know what you mean. But I have not had any trouble with malware and viruses, due to any of the programs listed in the Patriot Privacy Kit. The author of the kit has used or tested all of the programs and Apps listed inside the kit. And I have been very careful to choose which ones I research or install. Some of the information reveal in the kit is how to adjust the settings of certain well-known programs and Apps. Some of these settings, I did not know that existed, much less how to find and adjust them.

0 Likes
asimons04
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've found a way to, temporarily at least, get rid of the UID without having to resort to using an always-on VPN (and the issues that come with that).

See my posts on "How can I opt out of the broadcast UID Verizon has been putting in all of my web traffic..." thread.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1209837#1209837