Why is Verizon cloud storing 5GB on my phone?
OwenHowlett

My phone's storage is pretty full and I just found out that Verizon cloud is using 5GB!!  I thought the idea was that it stored stuff in the cloud, not on my phone....?  How do I reduce or eliminate that local storage?

0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon cloud storing 5GB on my phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having available storage is a must. The Verizon Cloud can help you eliminate some of that and make it available. Let's work together so that we can better assist you. Where are you seeing exactly that the Verizon Cloud is consuming 5 GB of your internal storage?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
OwenHowlett

I go into settings/apps and click on "Cloud", and under "Storage" it says "5.15 GB used in internal storage".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to look deeper into what is going on. Let's figure this out. Please send us a Private Note with a screenshot of what you are looking at. We can help you troubleshoot. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
OwenHowlett

Here's a screenshot.  I should mention that I just disabled Verizon cloud from backing up videos and photos, to avoid it using up any more storage space.

thumbnail.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That visual is very helpful, OwenHowlett. You mention that you disabled the Verizon Cloud application. Are you backing up your phone's content to a different Cloud service to keep a safe copy?

Please provide your phone model and we'll explore options to clear some internal storage.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
OwenHowlett

Yes, I back up my phone to my PC fairly often, i.e., I do manual backup.  

My phone is a Motorola G6, model number XT1925-12, serial number ZY32395K3Q, hardware version PVT2.

Running Android 9

And I've only disabled photo and video backup; Verizon Cloud is still backing up the other stuff.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming that you back up your phone regularly to your computer. You mention that you disabled the Verizon Cloud application. Please check your phone's internal storage status as per this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-217671/) and tell us how much storage you have available out of your phone's total storage capacity.

Are you trying to stop using the Verizon Cloud completely?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
OwenHowlett

I don't want to stop using cloud completely, I just want to stop it saving so much stuff to my phone.  Ideally I'd like cloud to back up my photos and videos too, but not if it's going to use up gigabytes of phone storage to do it.

I'm currently using 26.7 GB out of 32 GB of internal storage, and 10.6 GB out of 64 GB of SD card storage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gotcha! Let's uninstall the application from your Motorola G6 phone (https://www.verizon.com/support/motorola-moto-g6/) and then install it again. If the uninstall option is not listed, please force stop, clear data and disable as per the instructions at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-166891/), then power the phone off for 3 full minutes and power it on. Let us know if this clears the internal data usage for the Verizon Cloud application. 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes