Why is Verizon ok with a 90% failure rate on it's call filter service?
mlmorrison
Enthusiast - Level 2

Per Verizon Add.. "Verizon Call Filter helps protect you from unwanted calls and lets you decide who can reach you. Call Filter detects and blocks high-risk spam calls by forwarding to voicemail."

And how exactly does it do that?

I tracked the last 20 spam/robo calls per the Call filter app.. and only 2 in 20 were flagged as spam. 
That is an 90% failure rate even though I take my time to flag those 90% spam calls..  This failure rate has has been that bad for at least six months now and is actually getting worse. 

So, with an 90% failure rate AND wasting it's customer's  time to report those spam calls (which obviously is proving ineffective).. how is this Service "helping me". 

And why is Verizon still Ok with charging me  $2.99 a "Block Unwanted Call Service"  it only provides 10% service on? Shouldn't I be only paying 30 cents?  

When I call and ask this question to Verizon.. they only hang up on me after reading from their teleprompter. Is there ANYONE at Verizon that can actually answer the question?? Why is Verizon OK with still charging  $2.99 for a service that (still) only provides 10% service on?? 

Re: Why is Verizon ok with a 90% failure rate on it's call filter service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spam calls are a major inconvenience, and we're sorry to see you're going through this situation. Our goal is to provide you with alternatives to get this issue resolved. Do you have any other Call Filter app or service? 

~Gina

0 Likes
mlmorrison
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only thing that works, (currently) is a a white list... that is put the phone in Do Not Disturb mode with the exception to allow people in contacts to ring through... all others go to voice mail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mlmorrison,

I know that certainly isn't ideal. We're always working to identify more spam callers and stop as many unwanted calls as possible. Continuing to report bad calls that get through is the best way to help do so.

-Andrew

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another canned answer from Verizon Support.
mlmorison, I feel your pain.
I report the SAME SPAM CALLER DAILY on weekdays using the Call Filter app. Yes, DAILY.
And I've been reporting it daily for MONTHS.
I've even included the name. 
I've reported this caller so often that the business name comes up when I report the call. Kinda like it's now a sort of spam "contact".
And nothing is done. 
I guess free is free, right Verizon? No pay, no assistance. 
Customers with the Call Filter app do all the work, multiple times too, yet you still allow calls to go through that have been reported a spam/telemarketer.
Free is free, right Verizon? No pay, no assistance. 
You need to change the name of your app. It's not "Filtering" anything if you allow calls to go through that have been reported as spam. 
Why do you allow users of your App to believe that content they enter actually does anything to help stop annoying calls from going through? 
Here's the spam number that calls me daily Verizon Support: 440 387-5646. Maybe if I post it here you'll actually so something about it. 
Help your customers! "Filter" calls that they don't want! "Filter" calls that are spam!