Re: Why is Visual Voicemail not supported over WiFi?
jnelson522
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also find the lack of wifi access to voicemail annoying - because at both my house and workplace I rarely have a signal strong enough to make calls on my mobile phone. I have to use a landline to get access to voicemails, and would rather be able to use my mobile phone.

DougCap1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's annoying because Visual Voicemail -- when it works -- is a much better experience. It shows you all of your saved messages, allowing you to navigate among messages very quickly. Dialing *86 and working with voice prompts is so 20th century.

tjm3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ran into this just today, after spending almost two hours back and forth with 611 trying to understand what was happening.  In the end I figured out myself by looking on the net, I find it ridiculous that you lose features because of enabled wi-fi calling.

Based on the date of the original post its obvious nothing is going to change so I just turned off wi-fi calling in order to maintain the Visual Voicemail. You'd think maximizing resources by utilizing wi-fi calling when/where able would be a benifit to all by not using Verizon bandwith when there are alternatives but it shouldn't come as a loss of a feature to those doing so.