Why is it that the online price for a phone upgrade shows as free for a 2 year upgrade, but then when you call in to place the order you are told that it is going to be $99.99?
jpsmaggio

I called in to upgrade both of my phones.  I was told that the manager approved an early upgrade for one of the phones.  When I was shopping for phones, the price online was free for a 2 year plan.  But, then I was told that one of the phones would be $99.99 and the other would be $149.99.  I have never had a problem with them honoring the online price before.  What is going on with this company?  Time to switch phone companies!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is it that the online price for a phone upgrade shows as free for a 2 year upgrade, but then when you call in to place the order you are told that it is going to be $99.99?
tbo27
Master - Level 2

they can upgrade you over the phone early usually within 30 days but with no online discount . you should upgrade the one online free then wait until the other line becomes eligible to it online again. you'll just have to pay an upgrade fee of $30 each time

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why is it that the online price for a phone upgrade shows as free for a 2 year upgrade, but then when you call in to place the order you are told that it is going to be $99.99?
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

JJust place the order online. I've never heard of them matching an online price.

0 Likes
jpsmaggio

I guess that I should have explained that the customer service representative gave me the ok to upgrade one of the devices early, but that I had to do the upgrade with her over the phone right then.  Then, they tell me that they can't honor the online price.  But, they honored the online price for me a couple of years ago when I upgraded then.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

they can upgrade you over the phone early usually within 30 days but with no online discount . you should upgrade the one online free then wait until the other line becomes eligible to it online again. you'll just have to pay an upgrade fee of $30 each time

0 Likes