Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
Doreen2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Manchester Connecticut 

We also have the same problem. Several Verizon cell towers Within 1 mile from our home.

Signal strength very weak inside and outside. Lucky to get two bars. Just took 3 speed test. Tried uploading pictures to this message, but failed to upload.  

My Download speed anywhere from 0 - 23.0

Upload speed anywhere from 0 - .5

first test. 1.58 download. 0.00 upload 

second test. Failed (check connection)

third test. 23.0 download. Upload 0.00

We have been in touch three different times with tech for Verizon. First two times no one got back in touch with us. Last time they supposedly checked into the issue. There answer was switch carrier? 

So appearenty they do not care about there customers. 

We never had a problem before. 

We thought we were the only ones having a problem. But now I see we are not alone. 

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having service issues is never the experience we want you to have with our company Doreen2. I'm sorry we did not provide you with a resolution when you contacted us previously about your service concerns. What is your zip code where you're having issues? Did we process a trouble-ticket to investigate your problems? 

KinquanaH_VZW

Doreen2
Enthusiast - Level 2
Zip code is 06040. We had a ticket three different times. First two times the tickets got closed without anything being done or nobody contacted us before tickets got closed. 
Last ticket. We got contacted about a day or two afterwards. Telling us nothing could be done and we were advised to switch carriers? So Verizon has cell towers within a mile from our home. But nobody knows why the signal strength is weak? Nobody seems to care to figure out why it has changed. Only answer we got was switch carrier. Now that’s what I call customer service.  Good thing we are dealing with professionals!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Doreen2, thanks for the additional details, we want to offer the support you deserve. The zip code provided shows no network outages or alerts. It breaks our heart to see you were never contacted for the previous trouble tickets. The last thing we want is for you to consider switching carriers. You can rest assured, we want to answer all your concerns and provide a solution. Please tell us more, what exactly was discussed with this last ticket? Did you contact us regarding the previous two tickets (if yes, what solution was provided)?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
SSfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

The reason I am reading messages under this heading is because I also am having a terrible time with signal in the 29687 area. It has become increasingly bad over the past couple months to the point that it acutally went on roam last week. From a great signal to this in the past year - what has changed? It certainly has not been new buildings. Additional customers without making provision for those added sales - that I can believe. Today I had an emergency and was not even able to make a call back - that is a very big problem. Verizon needs to work on their quality and a bit less on their sale of $1000 phones.

Tt16
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same problem. I have always bragged about Verizon. I left TMobile years ago and always satisfied with Verizon till recently(2019). I have a fairly large package for personal and business so monthly bill is costly. I have a Pixel for primary phone. But others in area with other phones also noticed signal drops. Now can't even use reliable for telephone use. Keeps dropping. Think it's time to shop around. Why pay premium if that's not what you get.

B-ferg1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This appears to be system wide, although Verizon won't admit it. What good is 5G if you can't keep a connection? 5G signal travels less distance, requiring more tower needing to be installed. Speed and quality are useless without a connection. If everyone provided Verizon with as poor payment service as they do with signal capabilities, Verizon would want it fixed pronto. Verizon  touts to have the #1 network , hate to see #2`s service. Use wifi calling we're told, that defeats the purpose of having a mobile phone if I have to be tethered to a particular spot, I could just use my land line and why do I need to pay for a plan from Verizon if I have to rely on my internet plan, which I'm already paying for. I'm thourouly disgusted with Verizon's service and unwillingness to provide a satisfactory service I pay for!!!

Unbeatablerebel27
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about outside? I can set my phone on my porch rail, and watch my signal waver from 3 bars LTE to no signal, back and forth, over and over. Without the phone even moving. I live 2.4 miles from a Verizon tower, I should have full signal inside a block building, I can even get a good signal in the yard.

Tags (2)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

B-ferg1

You definitely deserve the service that you pay for. We're willing to exhaust all troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue. You mentioned that you were advised to use Wi-Fi Calling. Are you having issues with calls and accessing data indoors at that location? Wireless service can be challenging indoors due to restrictions caused by the materials that a building was built with. As a result, no wireless provider can guarantee service in all building structures. However, Wi-Fi Calling allows you to use a high speed internet connection to make and receive calls when cellular service isn't available. Is this why we recommended Wi-Fi Calling? 

For more information regarding the benefits of using Wi-Fi Calling, click the link below:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

Are you experiencing issues with data speeds in a certain place or everywhere that you go? Did you recently update the software on your phone or download a new application to your phone? 

For more device support, click https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/brands/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with service outside, Unbeatablerebel27. I know you rely on us for dependable service and we want to get to the bottom of service concerns. What are the nearest cross streets and zip code of your current location? Do you know if other Verizon Wireless customers nearby to you have issues with service? What's the make/model of your phone?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes