Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
Hlisa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not exactly sure this response was directed towards me... but then again, the "please tell us more" lines seem rather redundant across this whole thread.

ALL of the above. Texts can take hours, sometimes a day to appear. Calls??? I used to have full bars, right now, I'm at two. And yes, I used to have full bars inside. Outside? This is not some strange Green Acres void where we should have to go outside (and climb a pole) to make a phone call. Data? Fugeddaboudit. At least we have LOS to a WiFi system (which I wouldn't have considered broadband 15 years ago in Seattle).

Timing? Cannot honestly say whether it happened over the last 6 months or other. It's just in the conversations with farmer's and friends in the area that we've started connecting towards a common theme: Verizon service.

Getting back into life and safety - without a reliable signal, our alarm (including fire) cannot reliably reach central dispatch. Now I'm seriously doubting the ability to reach 911 from my phone.

Please elevate this issue.  Now. With all of the individuals on this thread. We need supervisory attention. Now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get your connection working the way it should, Hlisa. Tell us, were there any changes in your area before these issues started? Does this happen at certain times of the day?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
Eaa64

I have the same issue.  For 20 years with Verizon I could at least sit on my deck outside and make a good call. Today it is sketchy at best outdoors. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chawla1234, we value your long-standing loyalty, and would never want to lose you as a customer! We're here to help restore your faith in us, and help resolve your service issues. We certainly don't want to think due to our 5G rollout, 4G will no longer be available, as it will. I understand in locations you previously had excellent service in; your service has now become less than stellar. To gain clarity, are others in these locations, also experiencing these service issues? We will need to review the area; please provide the nearest intersection, city, and state where the problem persists. Does the problem persist indoors/outdoors?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Avengersxtplus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon , this issue is nationwide in areas that are not within cities with a tower very nearby. And even when in the city adjacent to the Verizon Corporate store in 30458 most people at times get only two signal strength bars and slow data. 

I've been following all blogs, Facebook complaints , Community complaints and the issue is widespread. Not just individuals or one or two areas but large groups of customers and many many many areas nationwide. It seems or is that the power output or tower use has been restricted or cut back. When has Verizon updated or expanded their 4G systems or towers? Or checked output and adjustment and expanded towers to serve more areas and customers? 

I as many others have went from 3 to 4 bar signal strength down to 1 bar and sometimes none. With no obstructions or radio interference in our areas. We are not stupid , some of us are very knowledgeable in technology and radio signals as well as Cellular Technology. Yet there is always and excuse on Verizons end as " Things beyond our control such as obstructions and radio interference " . When Verizon is not going to do anything that is. Which is 99.9 % of the time. The thing is why do these same obstructions and radio interference instances not effect T-Mobile or AT&T services in the same areas when in fact their towers are further away ? And a steady 2 bar signal with them provides for better call and faster data speeds in the same area. 

I'd suggest Verizon step up their services as others are catching up and surpassing your once widespread service. And customers nationwide are taking notice . 

Thank you. Transmitted this message running a Verizon device using a T-Mobile hotspot connection so I wouldn't lose you or the message. 

deloused
Master - Level 3

What are you talking about? Of course all those potential reasons affect radio signal, so obviously you do not understand how it works. Also, T-mobile and At&t’s forums are also filled with the same exact complaints. 

0 Likes
Avengersxtplus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here in a 30 mile long and 30 mile wide county we have checked and tested call signal and data speeds between Verizon, At&t and T-Mobile in many different locations. More often than not during the last year Verizon has fell very short while the others have faired well and improved in comparison. And yes obstructions and radio interference are " potential " reasons for less than optimal service. But my statement refers to it not being and issue with AT&T and T-Mobile in the same areas we have tested & checked yet Verizon wants to throw that excuse out there because their service has become less than optimal in the same areas, whereas it was once much better.  Really their reply is standard protocol when there is no actual answer or effort to correct the issues. Also if you work for Verizon or are a shareholder ( in any way ) you should not be promoting your brand in reference to valid issues. 

You should get a job with the Verizon Engineers & Technicians that service and install the towers as it seems that they are slipping on the 4g LTE side and spending too much time and money generated from longtime loyal customers on upgrading their 5g service in Metropolitan areas. Therefore neglecting the loyal customers present needs. When you pay more for the premium service from what was known as the premium carrier you expect premium service. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eaa64, ensuring your services are working properly is important to us. We appreciate your longtime patronage and are here to assist with this matter. How long have you been experiencing an issue with your services? What is the nearest cross streets, city and state where you're having those issues? How far must you be from your home before the services improve?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Firefighter1737
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem since July 2019

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that you get the assistance and the answers that you need. I appreciate your thoughts and your feedback about what you are experiencing. Help me understand, more specifically, what you are experiencing with this. Are you having trouble indoors or outdoors? Is this happening with data, calls, and texts? When did this start? 

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes