Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
Ocho_Pies

I was just thinking I'm being FORCED to upgrade as well.

My iPhone 5 has been fine here since I got it 12/2012.  The last few days the phone would drain dead overnight with nothing running in the background.  Now I'm assuming it was searching for a signal all night. Since yesterday...  NO SERVICE.  This is a real shame. There is no construction or such going on and no "foliage". Northern IL and it's still winter. 

On a fixed income and every peso counts, but today I committed to the 24 month contract on a new phone. What's really bothering me now is that if you Verizon, are somehow forcing the old phones out, it's going to be a problem. I also carry my 88 year old mother and aunt, both on i5's. Verizon is the only company I've ever used. If those two phones also get curbed (in Colorado), you'll end up losing those two to burner phones or something.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we'd want you to feel is forced out of anything. Technology has been evolving at a rapid pace, especially over the past few years. The 3G network is being retired to make room for 5G & 4G to co-exist. This is not unique to Verizon, all the other carriers are upgrading their networks as well. Does this help clarify?  

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
jag3man
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alan you are wrong. You're not reading any or all of these complaints. Our phones and the coverage was perfect and many months ago it just went South. It's not our phones. I travel a lot. Even as I travel I see lots of weak 4 and then 3G and then 1x. Something had happened to your capacity??? If change providers if I thought it would be better. You all need to address the issue and stop making excuses.

jallentate
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have had the same problem starting about October 1, 2019. Before then we had nearly 20 years of good, solid service - enough that when the 2015 Carlton Wildfire came through and knocked out landlines, internet and power, the Verizon service we had allowed me to keep in contact with first responders and protect my home. However, around the beginning of October 2019, the service just plummeted to nothing - no bars, nothing at all. 

After many calls and tickets, finally I got a representative who told me the following info (bolds are mine): 

Upon reviewing the last trouble ticket submitted for your account, you're correct and the coverage in your area has changed. If you could get all the other Verizon customers to report this and have a trouble ticket submitted, this will help expedite the process of restoring the service in your area. From time to time, towers shift coverage to cater to more populated areas. I can't confirm if that's what exactly happened since I don't have that kind of information readily available on my end.  

I will submit another form for your account and in the mean time, please do get as many customers as you can to report this as well and have a trouble ticket submitted. 

The count is per account number, so it's best to really have get your friends and family report this as well.

Please copy and share this info and here is the executive number to call directly to get another tier of support (be advised, this number is still getting us the run-around, but it's worth a call.)

Verizon Corporate Mobile 1 (212) 395-1000

If anyone else has any more information along these lines, please post it so we can further understand what is going on. 

0 Likes
VladyD

Yeah I started having the same issue, what's weird is that I've never had a bad reception inside my dwelling nor did we have any changes and all of the sudden it dropped to barely (1 bar). How can they tell that it is not something that they had done?? I am very disappointed and think that it's time to move on cause we're paying a lot of money for reliable service which became a joke.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jag3man, we want to make sure that you have nothing but stellar service with Verizon Wireless. We'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon family. How long have you been experiencing this kind of issue with your cellular service? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
iamnsxtc

I have been a Verizon customer well before they were verizon (aka Cellular 1). My signal has gotten so bad inside my home and office that my phone will just show I have a voice messages and no call notifications. This started over the past 6 months and has gotten worst. What's the problem guys? I have always prided myself for being the only in my office with service. I have almost convinced my girlfriend to get off ATT. She has better luck than me getting a phone call. Charleston, SC

0 Likes
indiga61
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sympathize with the rural area subscribers. My dead zone is in the nation's capitol. If VZW can't sustain infrastructure and deliver reliable service in this area, I need to be with another carrier that can.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the service you depend on where you need it most, VladyD. When did this issue originally begin? Do you know if any other Verizon Wireless devices are experiencing similar issues? What is happening when it comes to calls, texts, and data use off of Wi-Fi? We don't want to see you go and are always here to help. ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
PGMurry
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what I am being charged for services I am not receiving is a sore subject with me at the moment. The sudden drop in signal for months now has driven me to decide to change providers. Was going to wait until the IPhone 12 comes out but don’t think I am willing to wait that long.