Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing that we would want is to lose you as a customer. We will be glad to look into the issue that you are getting with your signal. For how long has this been going on? To confirm, what services are this impacting? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
PGMurry
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going on for over two months. I have a tower about 1500 ft from my house. There was a crew working at the tower about 5 to 9 days. Since that time I have lost almost all signal. I called in twice to get resolved. I was sent a signal booster that I had to return because I don’t have home internet. My phone and tablet are basically worthless with the signal I am receiving.

PGMurry
Enthusiast - Level 2

It shouldn’t be his responsibility to have to recruit complaints. It’s Verizon’s responsibility to correct issues reported

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to stay connected at all times is a must, we are sorry to see that you are having trouble with your services. Personally, I use my services on a daily basis so I can only imagine the situation. Are all your services being impacted? Is this only happening indoors? Please provide us more details so we can ensure we can provide you a solution. GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

indiga61, our valued customer's service concerns are our concerns too. Having reliable service at all times is vitally important, and we certainly don't want to lose you as our customer. We've noted your reference to experiencing a "Dead zone" for coverage in the nation's capital. Let's work together to get this resolved. How long have you been experiencing service issues (e.g., dead zone), is this happening while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? We also know that Washington, DC, has multiple zip codes. Can you provide our team with the nearest intersection where you're located so we can review the area? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
PGMurry
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn’t matter if I am indoors or outdoors. All services are disrupted. All this posting back and forth isn’t getting anything resolved. Seems the only was to resolve this is a class action law suite for idling services with weak signals. After paying a huge fine like AT&T maybe services will then restored.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PGMurry, I know how vital it is for you to have reliable service. Our goal is to provide you with optimal service at all times. We can certainly try some troubleshooting to resolve the issue. What exactly is happening with your service? Are you able to make and receive calls? Are you experiencing this issue at a particular location or everywhere you go? 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
JFinTN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have given up on this thread and Verizon. A Verizon rep pops-in, asks a couple of questions (from a script that I’d guess has about 10 questions to choose from) and then never follows up. I’ve talked to a rep and it’s the same story. They (Verizon, not necessarily the reps) know dang well what the problem is and they’re not addressing it for reasons unknown to me. I suspect they are unwilling to upgrade equipment in anticipation of 5g and the old towers (especially for us rural folks) can no longer handle the traffic.

Count me in if anyone wants to take this to the next level. Otherwise, we’re just beating our heads against a wall... pointless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're disappointed to hear you say this and always want to ensure we are addressing your concerns, JFinTN. Through this channel, we are not an instant chat service and there will be delays between posts. You mentioned you did already speak with our Customer Service Team regarding the service in your area. What was the resolution they discussed with you? How did the conversation end?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Jhochst
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same problem.  I thought my phone was the problem.  It is very frustrating