Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
KusanagiShiro

I have just started having signal fluctuations from one to two bars back up to three, when I previously had full yesterday. I am wondering what is going on with the signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, KusonagiShiro. It is our priority to ensure you have reliable service, and we will make sure any issues are addressed. From what you mentioned regarding the signal bars, are you currently experiencing problems with service? If so, what services are being affected? Could you please provide us with your city and state to review your area? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
jagrilley

Around Nichols Institute in off Ortega Highway in Southern California.   Around 4-5 months ago now cell coverage was completely dropped.  It worked fine for around 10 years kind of similar to what others have stated.  It seems like verizon has decided to drop coverage for what they consider more rural areas, but the problem is this is an extremely heavily traveled commuter route.  So now in case of emergency on the road none of us have cell coverage for a very long stretch of road.  I would have already dropped verizon because of it if my wife didn't love it so much after having sprint for a few years.   I think t-mobile's service still works fine in this area and they seem to be out innovating verizon these days on all facets of mobile like price/coverage/speed.  The address where coverage doesn't work anymore is:

33608 Ortega Hwy, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675   

The drop in coverage starts at the intersection of Ortega Highway (highway 74) and caspers park road and stretches most of the way to the small town of El Carriso off Highway 74.   There are sections in here where no coverage works, but previously verizon had worked for years at the address and intersection listed above.   I know a lot of people have opened tickets about it and no one has gotten a response.  It would be nice for verizon to just be honest and say we don't care about the 100,000 people who commute through this area every day because we wanted to save a couple bucks by taking down a tower.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KerryC_VZW We want you to be able to access your service with ease. Please send us a Private Note so we can look into your services with you.

0 Likes
bridgetrae82

I have had the exact same experience and they can not give me a reason either just telling me I am in the marginal lines of service.  I am out in the country but nothing has changed.  I as well feel like it might be the 5G.  I started having problems 3-6 months ago.  

Bridget

0 Likes
TommyTwoShoes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a decades long VZ Customer with more than one account and a more than a dozen lines.  Signal has deteriorated in my area to the point where I lose more call than I keep.  It's an exhausting circumstance that we shouldn't have to tolerate.  At my wits end.  Gonna have to look at alternatives.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely not the experience we want you to have with your service and we are here to help. Please tell us, are there any recent changes such as new construction in the area? Are you experiencing issues with Internet and text messages as well? 

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Tommy. It concerns us to hear that you are having issues with the service in your area. This is definitely not the experience that we want for you to have, and we will be happy to look into the issue to get it corrected. What is the ZIP code where you are having these issues? Have you tried to restart your phone already? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
kmw2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

Interesting.  I too have been a Verizon customer for years; I think it's at least 15 years.  I have had excellent service and never had connectivity issues.  Since late March I have had several calls dropped, can't connect to hot spot, callers can't hear me as I'm cutting in and out.  It's awful.  At our cabin service is now basically non-existent.  I called the local store to ask if they knew of towers being down and they said no but it just might be that too many users on on the network now.  Extremely disappointing!  We don't have cable so rely on our cell phones and pay for unlimited data but can't get good enough coverage to use it.  Something has changed and it frustrates me that there isn't honest disclosure and they try to make it that it's not a big deal.  It is a big deal, we rely on our phones and have Verizon due to the coverage I used to get.  My fiance has ATT and is trying to get me to change and I have been resisting as I liked Verizon, but this is a huge issue and reason that I may have to make the change.

Littlekot
Enthusiast - Level 1

after months of AWFUL service that was COMPLETELY fine for years, I was told that we are having problems making calls, texts, dropped calls, etc due to Verizon taking down towers.  Might be time to move on!

0 Likes