Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you have had some problems with your service JFinTN. Please respond to our private message. JoeL_VZW

cwtjx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im with you on that - i used to get 2-3 bars in Interlachen, FL 32148 but now i get less than 1 bar.  I contacted verizon with two New Pixel 4's ... they claim that the Engineers are already working on a trouble ticket in the area.  I wonder how many years they will be working on it....not sure if they really are working on it...just more "tell em what they want to hear syndrome"....Meanwhile ATT recently added cell towers to the area so i guess that is where im headed....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to see you leave the Verizon family. When did you first start experiencing issues? Can we please have the make and model of your device?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
nobodeuno
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happened to us as well, we have been on Verizon for 10 years and "never" had a problem at home. Suddenly a month ago our signal dropped, dropping calls, in and out service, etc. it's as if someone threw a switch on one day...We made a service ticket and were told oh well "you're in a weak coverage area and we can't guarantee signal and things change sometimes to keep up with technology" Wow, WiFi is not helping....we have iPhone 7's and I guess we will have to upgrade to get our signal back...? Not sure, but one thing I know is Verizon did something recently causing the issue!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nobodeuno, we truly value your 10+ years of loyalty! Making sure you have reliable service is important. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details of your concern. Can you please clarify if your service concern only happens indoors? How far do you have to travel from this location to receive a proper connection? May we please have your nearest intersection, City and zip code so we can accurately pinpoint your location?  

SylviaT_VZW

silvas
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well we are now in 2020 and my reception just continues to get worse . Phone call after phone call and all I hear is crickets chirping. Is honestly to much to ask for the service we pay for ? At my residence I still do not have a steady 4 G LTE . And now they are allegedly producing 5 G . We have been in need of an upgraded tower since 2008 . The popular has grown and continues to grow in our area . Why isn’t Verizon doing its part ? And for the record it is not just my home it spans several miles and several locations in our area . 

PSBehling
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the same boat - we too have had Verizon for about 30 years and have never had anything but strong reliable service inside and out - no matter where we were at in our house.  I have often bragged about Verizon to my family, friends, and co-workers.  This past year, we have started having just 2 bars on our phones and hotspot.  We used to have 4-5 always.  We were told at a Verizon store that we needed a new hotspot, so we spent $150 on the one for 4g as the sales person said there was no need to get the 5g.  This has not changed our issue - now we are lucky if we get 1-2 bars.  I cannot get through to a live person on the phone and the chat is worthless.

PSBehling
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is a pretty lame excuse Verizon - you are telling all of us with this issue that it is okay that you continue to raise what you charge us and sell us equipment that doesn't work, yet we will continue to have diminished signal!!!!!!!!!!!!   I with everyone else, I will try another carrier.

lowsignaluser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues - and wasted a few hours with the useless Chat person.  Been on verizon for as long as I can remember - but it may be time to switch.  We are using the GalaxyS10, S9, Apple 10, Apple 11 - all have the same poor signals.  The chat agents are really good at avoiding direct questions and answers, and stickign to their script - wasting your time.  I have a cell tower behind my house (t-mobile, just installed last year, sadly) - they can't answer if that is the cause or what.  They just want to upgrade my plan or add signal boosters - just trying to get more of my money!!  I upgraded my phone thinking that was the problem - but it did not help and now my calls are dropping or not connecting more.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lowsignaluser, your voice has been heard and we are truly sorry to hear that you have spent so much time searching for assistance. Having service, is exactly what your phone is for. In some cases, close proximity to a tower may actually cause interference. Let's gather some information on your coverage concern. How far do you need to be from this location before you see improvement? As my goal is not to change your plan but rather find a solution, do you have Wi-Fi available at this location? Please provide the nearest cross streets and zip code.

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes