Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
feathers556
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. When I spoke with Verizon in Facebook messenger, all they wanted to do was troubleshoot my phone I tried to tell them this is the second phone I've had with the same problem and my husband has the same problems with his. The problem is with the signal but they don't want to accept that. We've had Verizon for 5 years and had a much better signal than we have now. This is a rural area so the signal wasn't great but it has gotten much much worse over the past few months. 

0 Likes
katmckee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I always had fantastic service with Verizon for over 15 years. But suddenly about 10 days ago my phone drops calls no matter where I am, and rarely has more than one or two bars for the 4G network, and I am traveling, seeing only one or two bars no matter where I am between St Louis, Nashville, Atlanta, and Gainesville Florida. So Verizon needs to stop telling users that their microenvironment is not optimal and tell us the truth about what they're changing to give such horrible service now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Feathers556, we always want our customers to have the reliable service they deserve. To see that you’re having issues is disappointing. Let’s check out what’s going on and see how we can help. May I have the zip code to where you are having these concerns? What is the signal strength on your device right now (How many bars)? Does this happen indoors/outdoors or both? 

- TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
eodo

We are having the same issues...Signal strength was always fine now within the past week it’s always one or two bars no matter where we go around our house or outside. Three different cell phones and any visitors to our homes are experiencing the same low signal strength.

The ZIP Code that we’re in is 08840

0 Likes
eodo

We are having the same issues with calls dropping and very low signal strength.  Previously signal strength  was always fine but now within the past week or so it’s always one or two bars no matter where we go around our house or outside and calls keep dropping or don’t come through.  This is happening with three different cell phones and any visitors to our home  are experiencing the same low signal strength/dropped call issue. 

The ZIP Code that we’re in is 08840

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eodo, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We want to make sure that you have nothing but stellar cellular service on your devices. You stated that this has been going on for the past week. Has there been any changes to the device (new software or update)? Also, how far would need to travel from your home area before you pick up better service? 

0 Likes
D3MONKID12
Enthusiast - Level 3

You wouldn't need to discuss account specific information unless it happened to be an account specific issue. Given the number of people in this thread with the same exact issue, the problem is not account specific. Unless all these people on the 28 pages of people trying to get help with the same problem, are all on the same account. Which they're not. You can look for service alerts in my area all you want but there aren't any, or there weren't any a few months ago when I first started having this ongoing issue. And if there is I'd like to know why it hasn't been fixed in months. My zip code 76557 

I have line of sight to two Verizon towers less than three miles away 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know what is going on. I have checked the ZIP Code you provided us, and am not finding an active service alert in the area at this time. A few things I would recommend to try at home is to try powering the phone off, and removing the SIM Card. After about 60 seconds, place the SIM Card back in the phone, and power it back on. Another step I would recommend is to rest the network settings on the device as well. If either of these steps do not work to get your signal back to normal. Please reach back out to us to perform some more advanced troubleshooting. 

AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

D3MONKID12, we have sent you a private message to get this issue resolved for you and your community as soon as possible.

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
Redwolf8374
Enthusiast - Level 1

If the shift coverage then they should shift our bill in the southern direction. My whole neighborhood is bad now. I see my neighbors  standing outside just to get bad reception. I ask them who their carrier is and everyone is Verizon.