Why is the default voicemail greeting is different for my two phones?
AZBruno
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I have the same phones and the same services on a single account.

When I set the default voicemail greeting on my phone, it says "<phone number> is not available. To leave a message...". When I do the same on my wife's phone, it says "<phone number> is not available." but the next part is not there and after a couple seconds it beeps to start recording. Adding in our name to replace the phone number has the same difference in results.

Is there something that may be different in the phone settings I should look for?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is the default voicemail greeting is different for my two phones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello AZBruno, we understand your need to have both your phones with the same voicemail greeting, and we'd love to help. When you go into your wife's voicemail, please navigate to option number 4 for Personal Options > 2 Administrative Options > 1 General Options > 8 Prompt Level > 2 Turn Caller Prompt On/Off. Let us know how that works for your wife! 

UbaldoJ_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello AZBruno, we understand your need to have both your phones with the same voicemail greeting, and we'd love to help. When you go into your wife's voicemail, please navigate to option number 4 for Personal Options > 2 Administrative Options > 1 General Options > 8 Prompt Level > 2 Turn Caller Prompt On/Off. Let us know how that works for your wife! 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
AZBruno
Enthusiast - Level 1

That did it. After the final 2 to turn call prompt off, I followed it with 1 to turn it back on. Now the message is all there.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent, I am glad to see those steps worked out for you, AZBruno. Let us know if you have additional questions!

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes