Why is there a 2 minute time limit on the pages before inactivity?
Johannesburg

When I need to talk to a representative and its busy it refreshes by the minute.  The problem is that there's a 2 minute timer on the page.  I get that its good for security purposes to make sure that people don't leave themselves logged on with the potential of others having access to the account but come on, 2 minutes?  I only get a refresh once in the time period before I get logged out have to sign back in and return to a page with a chat button on it to check for availability, its a bit ridiculous.  In fact, while writing this I seem to have been logged out like I'm not doing anything.  This seems like a pretty big oversight... 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is there a 2 minute time limit on the pages before inactivity?
Snn5
Legend

This never happened for me on Postpaid.  It does log out every 2 min on prepaid accounts though.  The chat screen, not the My Verizon page.

0 Likes
Johannesburg

Are you a verizon employee?  I feel like you respond to all of my posts...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Not a Vzw employee...no badge, no avatar, no "REP"_VZW tag.  I just happened to be awake and saw that you had a few posts floating about that, while I had answered previously, you had never bothered to return to check replies for.

0 Likes
Johannesburg

Well for whatever reason when you reply to me you continue to cycle through all of my posts.  Make sure you're replying to the right Post please.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, I was replying to your post about 2-min limits.  Are you on Post or Prepaid?

0 Likes
Johannesburg

Prepaid

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That's why.  Prepaid gets very little support vs PostPaid.  This includes longer wait times on hold in queue on the phone and online chat.  Postpaid accounts do not have to re-log in every 2 min...the chat screen just silently refreshes in the background and they don't lose their spot.

0 Likes
Johannesburg

Do PostPaid pay more?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes.  I can pay $50 for 2 GB of data on Prepay or I can pay $30 for 1 GB AND $20 for a line charge.  So, $45 vs $50.  Not a huge difference.  But I was out of contract with a good phone, and plans were even higher postpaid a few weeks ago.  My coverage isn't really affected in my area by being prepaid, and I rarely need to contact support for anything, and i don't need 5GB cloud or NFL Mobile or whatever, so, why waste a $500 phone that I had sitting around.

0 Likes