Why no overpayment credit? ~$250-300 down the drain
born21239

Hi,

My girlfriend and I bought two new Galaxy Note II's in February, and since then, I've recently discovered, we've been charged for a share plan as well as an individual plan on the primary line. I was giving her money and she was paying the bill, and she didn't notice it was high. I was auditing our bills recently and discovered the extra charge.

I called in today and they said they would fix the plan for us, saving us $40-50 per month (!), but they wouldn't credit us for overpayment, because we didn't examine our bill closely enough to establish that what we thought we were signing up for and the retail store told us we were signing up for was what we were actually getting, and it was therefore our fault. It also did not reduce our bill for this month, due in two days. The rep gave us a $25 "inconvenience credit" but said it was all she could do, and it wouldn't affect our ability to escalate further.

We talked to the retail store already, and they can't/won't do anything to help us (can I really blame them? One would think Verizon would have some sort of check to ensure that people aren't paying twice for the same line! They certainly had no problem taking our money every month!)

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why no overpayment credit? ~$250-300 down the drain
rcschnoor
Legend

I would suggest filing suit in small claims court, however you should make sure you were actually being charged twice for the same line. How exactly is your bill broken down? What is your data allowance? How much have you been paying each month?

0 Likes
born21239

There was a share plan with unlimited talk and text, and 2gb of data across both lines, and then the primary line had an individual plan for 450 minutes. They acknowledged we were paying twice for the primary line and knocked our bill down, but effective next billing cycle and offering no credit for us having paid for two plans.

0 Likes
born21239

I would prefer not to have to go to court over this. I'd rather they just take the amount they admit we overpaid and credit toward our future bills.

0 Likes
Nobody_Cares
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, thats such BS that they will not admit to the mistake and rightfully pay you back.

They hassle you to pay your bill but when its overpayments, they are quick to blame you? What a shady company.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello born21239,
I definitely want to resolve your concerns. I'd like an opportunity to review your account. Please DM me with your name and mobile number so I can better assist.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator<<>>

born21239

Are you on vacation or something? It's been 11 days and I've heard nothing..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

born21239 wrote:

Are you on vacation or something? It's been 11 days and I've heard nothing..

Did you follow the rep here on the community and have the ability to send them a Direct Message through the community forum?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

born21239

I did, yes, and sent the requested information. Her profile says she hasn't been active since August 11, though. So I don't know what's happening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi born21239,

I apologize for the delay because I know your time is valuable! I am confident your issue has been addressed and resolved since the date of your original post. If not, I can gladly assist you. At your leisure, please DM your name and wireless number. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes