Why should I have to spend $200 buying a signal enhancer because you cannot provide me with adequete service in a major metropolitan city?
Verizonsevicehasdecli

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for over 9 years. I have had few issues and since becoming a 4G LTE customer I have been fairly disappointed with the cellular service you provide. I recently moved and have little to no service in my neighborhood. I live in San Diego, not the boondocks somewhere. I have talked to technical support and they evaluated the area and said that my complaint is valid and it is a low signal area. I was not afforded a reason as to why. Their solution was buy a $200+ signal enhancer or Verizon would buy out my contract expiration fee. So what I got out of that was, instead of trying to satisfy a long term customer and sending me a signal enhancer because the country's largest 4G provider cannon provide me with service as advertised you would rather allow me to be able to get out of my contract and go get service elsewhere. So much for customer loyalty. Maybe I should be looking into a new company???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why should I have to spend $200 buying a signal enhancer because you cannot provide me with adequete service in a major metropolitan city?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You're not a 4G LTE Verizon customer, you're just a Verizon customer and if you happen to tap into the 4G LTE network that's a bonus. Are you getting 3G?

I visit the San Diego area often and know exactly what you are talking about as far as the service signal being low; especially as you get a bit further out of San Diego and down into some of the more canyon like areas; can't even get a radio station.

It may be a smart idea to reach out to other folks using different carriers to see how their service is. At least they offered to buy out your contract, so if you find that somehow a different carrier gets service without the help of a signal booster you can switch with less hassle.

Interference, location, towers; there are a lot of reasons as to why you wouldn't be getting service, unfortunately all of those things will play a part no matter who you are signed up with.

0 Likes
Re: Why should I have to spend $200 buying a signal enhancer because you cannot provide me with adequete service in a major metropolitan city?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is simple. If it is a low signal area and they are not able to put a tower up to fix that then they most likely will let you out of contract without ETF. If you only experience this issue at home and are satisfied with coverage everywhere else then you should invest in the network extender. VZW does not ever guarantee service inside of any structure and I can assure you that they are aware of the low signal in that area and if they were able to cut the red tape with the town, city, municipality etc. it would be done. Getting a tower up is not as easy as saying I want to put a tower here and doing it.