Re: Why throttle unlimited 3G/4G data users?... Hmmmm, let's seeee.
ebsktball30

I've been using around 9 or 10GB of date for the last several months.  All of sudden about two days ago, my data hit a wall.  I typically get amazing speed on my Droid Bionic 4G, but now I am getting horrific speed while I'm at the end of this billing period.  This is crazy!  Has anyone else every been throttled?  While I think it's pretty cool that I must be in the top 5% of data users nationwide, it still is annoying!

0 Likes
boutaswell-v-s
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not my job to build the perfect network.

0 Likes
boutaswell-v-s
Enthusiast - Level 2

Horse crap.  Look it up dude.  Unlimited means unlimited....unless you attach a dollar value to it and then it means whatever you want it to mean.  You can't have it both ways.  It either is or it isn't.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

boutaswell-v-s wrote:

Horse crap.  Look it up dude.  Unlimited means unlimited....unless you attach a dollar value to it and then it means whatever you want it to mean.  You can't have it both ways.  It either is or it isn't.

Look it up dude...

you are getting unlimited... Maybe English wasn't your best subject...  UNLIMITED is a adjective which is implied to DATA.

DATA does not mean BANDWIDTH.  They are TWO different things.  If they told you unlimited data and bandwidth I would agree with you 100% that you couldn't be throttled.

Supreme Court has already ruled the same thing I just said on multiple occasions.  You can visit a lot of sites out there that wish for unlimited bandwidth, but they'll say the same thing I just told you.  This is pertaining to T-Mobile 2GB throttle they introduced.  If you go by your meaning Sprint doesn't offer truly unlimited as they have restrictions.  You don't have to fit all of the meanings of unlimited for it to be unlimited.  Just 1, and as long as you are not paying for unlimited after you initial buy in then you are getting unlimited.

Here's another example.  Order all you can eat pancakes(which is advertised as unlimited supply of pancakes) at IHOP.  They give you a 5 stack initially then give you 2 per stack.  Then it up the to store to limit you after that.  There is a within reason clause(which is also found in your terms you agreed to when you sign up with ANY carrier that offered unlimited and Sprint still has theirs).

0 Likes
DC12
Enthusiast - Level 1

So it is our fault that they cant keep up with network congestion???  I routinely listen to streaming radio while at work through my cell phone and now I can't even do that!!! It's VERY aggravating and considering how much aggravation I go through and how much time I stupidly waste trying to figure out what is wrong. 3G and YES my phone does stop the data connection every day to which I activate airplane mode and then back to normal before data starts working (not limited to 4G if that's what someone was suggesting). I would love to take Verizon to small claims court.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

4G is not throttled....err optimized

0 Likes