Why won't you fix your own mistake, Verizon Wireless?
takaol
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter upgraded her phone over a year ago. The store accidentally used the upgrade for my number instead of hers, thereby extending my end date.  I have asked repeatedly for them to fix this mistake as I desperately need a new phone.  They flat out, absolutely refused with no excuse other than "I can't".  I find it hard to believe that a company that's so technologically savvy can't figure out how to change a date in their computer.  Their suggestion?  use your daughter's now available upgrade!  Hey sounds like a good idea right?  NOT!  What if she need needs an upgrade when her Verizon phone craps out at the usual 2-year mark?  She won't be able to get one because I would have used her upgrade and extended her date.  My current end date is in April of next year.  I currently have a phone that's broken so not sure what to do at this point.

I feel they should fix their own mistake. They can pull up the records and see that they made a mistake but won't fix it.  And funny how they now have no record of any of my calls or emails back and forth (which I saved but apparently they don't do emails any longer).

I had it with trying to deal with these clowns and filed a complaint with the BBB.  Maybe I'll get somewhere now.  Thanks Verizon Wireless for all of the frustration and bullying.

Labels (1)
Why won't you fix your own mistake, Verizon Wireless?
takaol
Enthusiast - Level 1

and how do I delete this?  I created a screen name but they use my real name and use my email address?  ugh!

0 Likes
Re: Why won't you fix your own mistake, Verizon Wireless?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I see "takaol" for your screen name. Your full name is displayed only to you unless you change the privacy settings. The email address is required for you to get post notifications if you turn that on or off.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
takaol
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use her upgrade and then she can use yours again?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
takaol
Enthusiast - Level 1

Then it will never end. I'll probably just dump them as soon as I can.  They should just fix it.

0 Likes
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

First, your screen name shows to us. Your real name shows to you only when you are logged in.

Second, your daughter used your upgrade, extending your upgrade 2 years. You use  her upgrade, extending hers 2 years.

"What if she need needs an upgrade when her Verizon phone craps out at the usual 2-year mark?" --- she just uses your upgrade again and you use hers and that cycle can keep going. No worries there

What it sounds like is when she needed a new phone, she wasn't eligible, but you were, so to get her a phone, they borrowed your upgrade, but they cannot move the contract over to her line and her current contract to your line. You just have to share the upgrade dates.

There really wasn't any mistake on the account, this is normal.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The other options are to purchase a new phone at the full retail price or purchase a slightly used phone from Swappa or Ebay.

0 Likes
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

The cycle will keep going, yes. But it's your best option or else if she hadn't used your upgrade when she needed the phone, you would have been paying full price for a phone instead.

0 Likes
takaol
Enthusiast - Level 1

Plus she'll be done with school soon and probably get her own plan.  I don't want her locked in for another two years.  I have my reasons and they should just fix it!  grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

0 Likes