Re: Why won't you fix your own mistake, Verizon Wireless?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information provided androiduser123. We offer a 14 day Worry Free Guarantee for all new devices purchased to make sure our customers are covered in case they change their minds when upgrading. If the phone is not defective, there is a $35 restocking fee as part of the agreement since the device can’t be sold as new again.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
takaol
Enthusiast - Level 1

I didn't know that's what they did until I tried to upgrade. Hello, can you read?

0 Likes
takaol
Enthusiast - Level 1

whatever. I will be dumping them april 7th.  can't wait.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello takaol,

We definitely want to keep your business and find a good solution! Can you please send us a Direct Message so we can better look into what happened and what options we have available?

Here's how to Direct Message: http://vz.to/1lKLT9T

Here's my profile: http://vz.to/1ly4msR

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

You are going to leave Verizon Wireless because you don't want to do an alternate upgrade using your daughters line because that will put her in a 2 year contract and "lock" her down on your account. Not true. It actually happens all the time and if you are going to be making a big deal about something like this you have way too much time on your hands. Assumption of Liability. She is able to assume liability of her contract and be removed off your account and go on her own. It is all fairly simple. So it works out the same as any other contract whether it is an alternate upgrade utilizing someone elses upgrade on your account. Your daughter got her upgrade April of 2013 putting your line in a 2 year contract until April 2015. That will fulfill her 2 year contract next April. You are worried about her needing another phone but if she used her line to upgrade she wouldn't be able to get another phone until 2015 anyway. Literally nothing is wrong. You are leaving the best provider out there over something so miniscule it is ridiculous. Anyways. To each his own.

0 Likes