Why wont verizon show an accurate coverage map instead of misleading customers?
t_rock
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried calling, multiple SIM cards, and Verizon even sent out a technician to measure the coverage in my area.  In the mean time, the Verizon coverage map has continued to display a false representation of all its coverage in my neighborhood and surrounding areas.  I wonder how many other places in the country Verizon is essentially lying about the coverage?  IF you have less coverage than what is advertised by Verizon on their coverage map, please post up.

"A phone is only as good as the network it’s on.® " - Verizon Wireless website

- thanks for making a lot of phones worthless Verizon

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why wont verizon show an accurate coverage map instead of misleading customers?
Not applicable

Coverage map are an approximation. There isn't a carrier that can show 100% accurate coverage and it can't take into account trees, foliage or buildings.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why wont verizon show an accurate coverage map instead of misleading customers?
Not applicable

Coverage map are an approximation. There isn't a carrier that can show 100% accurate coverage and it can't take into account trees, foliage or buildings.

0 Likes
t_rock
Enthusiast - Level 1

The statement 'approximation' is still quantifiable, and as the maps' fidelity shows, areas much smaller than a residential block or even houses are captured.  The map falsely favors more areas to appear as 4G LTE coverage.  When you're zoomed in on a general neighborhood, you will see fairly high fidelity of areas where 4G LTE, extended, and 3G are delineated.  Areas that don't have 4G LTE, or any tier of coverage for that matter, are still identified as such, and areas with absolutely no coverage are identified as either LTE or extended, not even 3G.  This can all be documented easily, and is corroborated by Verizon's own technician that came out to measure the signal strength in my neighborhood.  As I mentioned before, the map is intentionally misleading,  I'm just trying to see how many other people out there experience the same long-standing misrepresentation of coverage that Verizon boasts as it primary sales pitch.

0 Likes
anonymouswoman

Yep switched from T mobile which was actually affordable, and on which I had a nice month to month subscription and a working phone, to Verizon's insanely priced racket because I was under the assumption that it was the only service that worked in my rural town. I was wrong. Map said we would have 4G and we get nada. Barely even 3G. I've had to replace two phones with them already, too, and both were insanely overpriced. After this phone dies, I'm not renewing and I'm giving up on having a cell phone. This industry is a corrupt mess but they know we are all addicted so they just keep ratcheting the price higher and higher with poorer and poorer service.

0 Likes