Why would I buy a Samsung S6 over a Samsung S5?
1Grand

WWondering what the advantage and the disadvantage is of buying an S6 rather than the S5 Samsung cell

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why would I buy a Samsung S6 over a Samsung S5?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A few other differences:  the S6 has a slightly bigger screen, no SD card slot, and a sealed battery.  The S6 is made of glass with aluminum accents.

This comparison chart may be helpful:

Samsung Galaxy S6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 - Phone specs comparison

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The S6 is the latest model while the S5 is the older. In turn the S6 is more expensive than the S5.

Being that they are both Galaxy phones, they will essentially operate the same way, though each will have it's own features as well.

It just depends how you use your mobile phone. Things like Bluetooth Versions will be different and occasionally older versions and newer versions won't mesh well on headphones, auto, speakers etc.

Camera ability is different.

Size is different.

It just kind of depends on  your needs.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A few other differences:  the S6 has a slightly bigger screen, no SD card slot, and a sealed battery.  The S6 is made of glass with aluminum accents.

This comparison chart may be helpful:

Samsung Galaxy S6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 - Phone specs comparison

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Another reason, and it might be rooted in opinion or fact, is that the S6 seems to have fewer issues with Lollipop than the S5 does.  But, that's not from my experience, only from reading the endless complaints about the S5 in these forums on this community.

0 Likes