WiFi calling has stopped working since last update
MICKUZ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the last update 2 weeks ago, WiFi calling has ceased to work on all my phones, Samsung S-7, Droid Turbo, Kyocera.

We have low to no signal at our house and up until the update 2 weeks ago we could put the phones in Airplane mode, turn the WiFi back on, and make WiFi calls. Now if you try to make a call without airplane mode on, it says Networks not Available and won't call. If you put it in airplane mode, and turn WiFi back on, it pops up a message that you are in airplane mode and can't make a call and gives you the option of cancelling the call or turning airplane mode off.

They are all:

1. HD calling enabled

2. WiFi calling enabled

3. Roaming is set to "Prefer WiFi"

They all worked fine until the last update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WiFi calling has stopped working since last update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry to hear you are having an issue at your home, Mickuz1. Let's look into this together. What was updated? Since all 3 devices are having this issue, have you powered down the home router and reset it? Can your devices use Wifi calling outside of the home, perhaps at a local coffee house or somewhere with free Wifi?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICKUZ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried it on 4 other WiFi sights. One of the phones will work at one sight but not on the other 3. I  have reset the router and still have the same issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum, MICKUZ1 Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern. 

Jennifer_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Icedzn

My husband and I are having the same issue. I have a Samsung galaxy 21 and he has a 20. They both stopped being able to make calls with wifi and I have zero cell service at my house without it. Please tell me there is a solution.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes