Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Wife died and Verizon advised ownership transfer then removed promotional credits
oaklore

I have been a loyal Verizon customer who has never missed a payment in 20 years. I was advised by several Verizon employees that I must transfer ownership of our account when my wife died in August. I was told I had to bring in the death certificate to the store. I was promised that promotional credits would transfer and the plans would not change. They misled me and I have spent over 10 hours trying to straighten out this mess. I was told by several live agents that even though I was given the wrong advice by Verizon employees they could not help me. I am being billed for $900 for the phones. I was told by a confrontational supervisor that even though I was promised that the promotional credits would transfer I should have read the fine print in the numerous emails they sent and it is my fault for trusting their employees promises. Since I accepted the transfer I am being penalized for my wife's passing. Is this Verizon policy that when the account is in the spouses name the survivors lose their promotional credits and must pay $900 for their phones?

0 Likes
Re: Wife died and Verizon advised ownership transfer then removed promotional credits
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Please meet me in the Private Chat.

*Heather

0 Likes