Wifi Call gets dropped after a few minutes
robertredd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wifi Calls drop after a few minutes in my home.  It happens on my wife's Galaxy S8+ and it happens on my new Note 9.  I'm really thinking it's something with the router in my home.  Just in case it's the same as yours I have a Linksys EA7300.  Firmware is up to date also.

I have very bad cell reception in my home so it always connects to calls over wifi and I can see that due to the wifi icon on the calls and call history screen.  It all sounds great until it just suddenly drops the call a few minutes in and then if I try to call the person back right away it won't even try to ring.  I have to then turn off my phone's wifi in order to get a call through.  After some time re-enabling the wifi lets it work some of the time again.

In addition, I do have fast 100MB/s + speeds and it's a very strong wifi signal in my home.

I'm thinking it's a port forwarding or blocking issue perhaps.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi Call gets dropped after a few minutes
johnny85

Me too! S8+ and now Note 10.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi Call gets dropped after a few minutes
ellucidone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is verizon going to work on this?  I have this issue as well at all locations I use wifi in.  As well as multiple phones.  Note 8, Note 10+, Note 9.

This includes multiple people using devices with same issue.  After 3 min or so on a call it will drop.  No errors no warning.  If I dont use WIFI calling it works fine.  I am getting 300mb DL speed on my network so I know its not a network issue *(I work in IT)  I know how to troubleshoot.  This is clearly a Verizon / Samsung issue.  Can we get a fix to this?  @verizonwireless #fixmyphone #thisispoorservice #donttellmetogointosafemode