ChaoticBullySyndicate
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can my data  useage go up when I'm on wifi?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi
Snn5
Legend

iPhone or Android?  Or other?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChaoticBullySyndicateRicky, I can understand your concern on this issue. Let's make sure that everything is set up the correct way for your device. What kind of phone do you have that is connected to your wi-fi. Have you had this issue before in the past or did this just start happening this month? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ChaoticBullySyndicate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually my S6, a Galaxy Sentra, S3, and a ZTE Majesty are all phones that we have had the same problem with. Cisco modem and Belkin router.

0 Likes
ChaoticBullySyndicate
Enthusiast - Level 1

And actually have had the same problems for over over 2 years. I've been here 6 months but it's been going on that long.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Do you have a setting in Advanced WiFi that allows disconnecting from weak signals?  Maybe your wireless hardware is having compatibility issues.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChaoticBullySyndicateRicky, thanks for those details. Are you currently using the devices with a Verizon Wireless account? Looks like some of these devices you have listed are coming up as prepaid devices with a different prepaid service? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ChaoticBullySyndicate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok those others are straight talk which share Verizon towers correct? But nonetheless, my Galaxy S3, S4, S5, and S6 are all Verizon. Or how about my Druid global2? Seems to me as usual Verizon is pawning their problems on the customers. 1996 til now is say 20 years and we've NEVER been late on a bill, lied to and misled countless times, and are treated horribly. Then have some $150 signal booster sold to us. I'm not stupid. Why should I buy some booster when it clearly shows 4G service all thru the midwest. I've broken my back twice and have seizures but have to walk a football field just to get a 3G one bar signal. Then have a rep try and sell me some $150 signal booster? We have been lied and misled to the whole time we've been customers. So I'll be looking forward to the next excuses.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChaoticBullySyndicateRicky, I can truly understand the needs of having a good working network. We love your loyalty to Verizon Wireless. We want to make sure we can review the network in full detail in your area. I have sent you a Direct Message. Please respond back to that direct message. Looking foward to working with you.
KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ChaoticBullySyndicateRicky wrote:

Then have some $150 signal booster sold to us. I'm not stupid. Why should I buy some booster when it clearly shows 4G service all thru the midwest.

Because those coverage maps are ESTIMATED. Verizon looks at where towers are located and they look at how far a signal carries and THAT is how Verizon arrives at those maps. There are other factors OUTSIDE OF VERIZON'S control which can ALSO affect the signal making the area a tower actually covers LESS THAN what it CAN cover. Terrain of the surrounding area(i.e. hills/valleys), vegetation(trees, etc...), man made obstacles(buildings, etc...), weather, etc... are all factors which can have an impact on your service and Verizon can do nothing about ANY of them. I assume you do not want Verizon in control of what type of home you can build, when you have to prune the trees on  your property, whether or not you can have power lines going to your home, etc...

Just because Verizon's coverage map says you are in the middle of a 4G area DOES NOT mean you will have service in any given location within that area. That is why Verizon gives you a 14 day window to determine if the service will be adequate for your needs.

0 Likes