Will I lose unlimited data?
YuanGroup

Hey all!

My friend Joe Schmoe has a 4-line family plan. He has line 1 with unlimited data, line 2 with the 2 GB Data, and lines 3 and 4 with no data. Now Joe's wife Betty just got an iPhone 5 on a contract on line 2. Betty is so confuzzled with all this new and innovative technology packed into this iPhone 5 and is unable to handle it! Joe happens to be looking for a new, innovative, and technology packed iPhone 5 to replace his hunk-o-junk phone, the Samsung Galaxy Fascinate. Betty and Joe decide that they would like to switch phones and not the number. Betty is ecstatic that she may be able to use a hunk-o-junk phone like the Samsung Fascinate! Joe is now wondering if by switching his Galaxy Fascinate with Betty's iPhone 5, would he lose his unlimited data? He wonders if there are any drawbacks, restraints, and issues that may follow. What do you guys recommend Joe do? What do you think guys? Thoughts, comments, snide remarks, and advice are welcome (;

P.S. Joe and Betty's children, lines 3 and 4, are keeping their "feature phones" because they have bad grades!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will I lose unlimited data?
Tidbits
Legend

No they will not lose the unlimited plan.  When you upgrade the line with unlimited data that's when you will lose.  Also keep in mind June 28th, 2014 pretty all unlimited data plan users will be out of contract.  Some people speculate that's when Verizon will remove the plan entirely.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

And I disagree with that statement. There will be so few on unlimited plans due to having to pay full price for a device, that they will not care.

Heck there was an article this past Friday showing the avg use of cell data is under 1GB per person. Granted only 5000 subs were in the study. .

0 Likes
JRsTheMAN

LoL, 1 gig per person.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Like I stated only 5000 subs were questioned. But ya take all 95+ million devices, I suspect that is close.

0 Likes
JRsTheMAN

How much data is  per month on the preinstalled apps that you cannot delete?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

as long as you don't open them...  0...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just because "he doesn't use it" doesn't mean anything.  Depending on the app in question if he opened it and set it up then he is using it regardless if he "doesn't use it."  Welcome to background processing.

While I do have unlimited data I know how the phone works, and I watch my usage.  I have yet to have a preloaded app use data other than MyVerizon which I do use.

JRsTheMAN

He improved that usage and had to set all his bloatware to wifi only.  What a joke. Again, it was nice to not have to worry about this in the past.

Here is the link:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/775267?start=220&tstart=0

Some other talk here:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/778967

0 Likes
JRsTheMAN

You all have a good Sunday.  Going to go outside and enjoy the day.

0 Likes