Will Verizon be following this new wrinkle?
Not applicable

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Imposes-New-Mobility-Administrative-Fee-123939  Now I am surprised this has not been thought of by Verizon. Another way to pick the customers pockets.   Will the gouging ever end. First AT&T then.......? Lets wait and see.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon be following this new wrinkle?
Not applicable

It doesn't matter.  All that matters is the total cost you are billed each month and if you feel the service is worth it or not.  If it's not, move on.

0 Likes
Not applicable

jimfitzgerald wrote:

It doesn't matter.  All that matters is the total cost you are billed each month and if you feel the service is worth it or not.  If it's not, move on.

Jim it does matter. Everything matters. The simple act of any company adding bogus fees and usury charges at will matters.

Please stop being so blind as that Verizon and other cell providers can just jack up any fees and charges they can at anytime for any reason.

Not that Verizon has done this fee as of yet, but it is a CONTRACT BREAKER without any early termination fees.

Lets see what the other carriers do.

Thought the article was very informative.

0 Likes
Not applicable

IT DOESN'T MATTER.  A company can charge whatever they want.  They don't have to give it a name.  They don't have to justify it.  This is America.  This is our free enterprise system at work.  This is capitalism at work.  They can charge whatever they want and don't have to justify anything to anyone.  If you think the TOTAL COST OF VERIZON SERVICE is too expensive, THEN LEAVE.  That is how our system works.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Elector wrote:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Imposes-New-Mobility-Administrative-Fee-123939  Now I am surprised this has not been thought of by Verizon. Another way to pick the customers pockets.   Will the gouging ever end. First AT&T then.......? Lets wait and see.

Verizon already has something like that. At any rate it will be on the bill it's not hidden and if someone doesn't like it they can leave at&t. "gouging" will end when customers stop accepting it. Complaining on messageboards or Facebook or Twitter will not do a thing. LEAVING said company will. If you get all these fees banned all these companies would do is raise the basic rate. $9.99 per extra line? Nope that $10.99 now.

While I still go to DSLreports, Karl's "news" these days is more OP than actual news which really bothers me. Let me read the facts and make the decision on what it means instead of force feeding me bias and claiming it's news. Even on stuff I agree on him with I can't stand when he does it.

0 Likes
2cool4school
Contributor - Level 1

Technically VZW has the ability to charge you whatever they want to. If you read the language of the contract one of the many things it says is that the taxes and surcharges (including the federally implemented verizon surcharges) are subject to change without prior notice. Now this doesn't necessarily mean they wont tell you, ive had great experience so far with this, but it does mean they don't have to. God does nobody read this stuff before they sign it?

0 Likes
Not applicable

And, contracts expire at the end of 2 years.  After that, Verizon can do whatever they want.  Any company can add a fee and call it anything they want.  It's just a way to try and get customers to think it's some legitimate fee they should be paying.  Other than taxes or charges from some outside entity, it doesn't matter where the internal Verizon cost arise.  They are all cost that are incurred to provide a product to the public.  The sum total of all these cost subtracted from revenue equals profit for Verizon.  That's why I say all that matters is the total price we pay.  If it's too high, leave.  Anything else is just noise.

Not applicable

jimfitzgerald wrote:

IT DOESN'T MATTER.  A company can charge whatever they want.  They don't have to give it a name.  They don't have to justify it.  This is America.  This is our free enterprise system at work.  This is capitalism at work.  They can charge whatever they want and don't have to justify anything to anyone.  If you think the TOTAL COST OF VERIZON SERVICE is too expensive, THEN LEAVE.  That is how our system works.

Actually a company cannot just charge what they want. I will use one of your favorite lines of "read your contract" you would not go and buy a car for $12,000.00 on dealing and then when you came back the price jumped to $14,000.00

We have laws to prevent that. Cell phone companies are under federal laws or regulated on the state level.

If my total cost of service gets to where I don't like it I would leave. however since I have had Verizon and many other names before it my choice to leave will be my choice and not based on your posts.

0 Likes
Not applicable

2cool4school wrote:

Technically VZW has the ability to charge you whatever they want to. If you read the language of the contract one of the many things it says is that the taxes and surcharges (including the federally implemented verizon surcharges) are subject to change without prior notice. Now this doesn't necessarily mean they wont tell you, ive had great experience so far with this, but it does mean they don't have to. God does nobody read this stuff before they sign it?

I have noticed the online contract since I have posted a link to it a few times in the last two days.

I also read a customer has to agree to it or contact verizon and tell them you believe it to be materially adverse and this is an out card for many. Verizon may simply credit you for that fee to keep you happy. Besides many of the fan boy posters for verizon will just accept the added fee and say ok. A shame really.

But as I said this is moot for right now since Verizon has not done it. I posted as to give information on another carrier. But you and I know when one tries a fast one they all jump on the band wagon if it makes them a quick buck.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Basically anyone who is not anti-Verizon is a fan boy? What strikes me odd is anti-Verizon people that continue to have Verizon service.

Verizon has an "administrative charge" and a "regulatory charge" on per line your bill. The first is 90 cents. the second is 16 cents. Now up until a couple of months ago the "administrative charge' was 99 cents. Not sure what prompted Verizon to lower it by 9 cents. That's $100 million a year they just gave up.

0 Likes